15 replies to this topic

#1 marc

marc

Fire Proof

• Members
  • 1,121 posts
  • LocationSouth Shores California

Posted 23 January 2018 - 03:50 AM

Just a few teaser shots from my recent trip to the San Juan Islands WA.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_1221.jpg
  • IMG_1211.jpg
  • IMG_1220.jpg

2016 Sprinter Silver Gray 144 Std. Roof 4x4. 3.0 diesle, Cooper "Dicoverer" ST Maxx 255/85/16

#2 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,316 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 23 January 2018 - 05:51 AM

More!

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#3 Lighthawk

Lighthawk

Weekend warrior

• Members
  • 3,319 posts
  • LocationNevada City, CA

Posted 23 January 2018 - 06:59 AM

x2

2021 RAM 3500 Crew 4x4, 6.4 hemi/8 speed trans with 4.10 gears, Timber Grove bags, Falken Wildpeak 35" tires.

OEV Aluma 6.75 flatbed, Bundutec Odyssey camper on order for 2024

For this year we're still using our 2008 FWC Hawk with victron DC-DC charger, 130w solar, MPPT controler

with 2000w inverter and external 120v output and 12v solar input with 100w portable solar.   http://lighthawkphoto.com

#4 PaulT

PaulT

Need gumbo

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationHillsboro, Oregon

Posted 23 January 2018 - 07:09 AM

Which island(s) did you visit?
We spent a week on Orcas several years ago. Brought our boat & fished. Was really surprised by how dynamic the tidal currents are between islands. A lot of water moves into & out of Puget sound twice a day.

Paul
I thought getting old would take longer.

#5 marc

marc

Fire Proof

• Members
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 02:21 PM

Which island(s) did you visit?
We spent a week on Orcas several years ago. Brought our boat & fished. Was really surprised by how dynamic the tidal currents are between islands. A lot of water moves into & out of Puget sound twice a day.

Paul

Started off on Fidalgo, where I caught the Ferry out of Anacortes. From there I went to San Juan then Orcas followed by Shaw and then on to Lopez. Of all the Islands I loved Lopez the best.

2016 Sprinter Silver Gray 144 Std. Roof 4x4. 3.0 diesle, Cooper "Dicoverer" ST Maxx 255/85/16

#6 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,575 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 23 January 2018 - 02:53 PM

Started off on Fidalgo, where I caught the Ferry out of Anacortes. From there I went to San Juan then Orcas followed by Shaw and then on to Lopez. Of all the Islands I loved Lopez the best.

Lopez is our favorite as well. Friendly and interesting. We also enjoy the Gulf Islands just over the border. Mayne and Galiano are our favorites there.

I am haunted by waters

#7 Ted

Ted

Magellan

• Site Team
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationEast of Sacramento

Posted 23 January 2018 - 03:35 PM

Yes, we liked Lopez Island as well. Stayed right on the beach at Odlin County Park. And there is even a little brewery on Lopez Island. Barely brews more than some home brewers, but he does a good job.

San Juan county Park on San Juan Island was fun too. We could watch whales and all the ships going by.

"Not all who wander are lost. Except Ted, he's usually lost."  Dirty Dog

#8 marc

marc

Fire Proof

• Members
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 09:05 PM

IMG_1229.jpg Yes, we liked Lopez Island as well. Stayed right on the beach at Odlin County Park. And there is even a little brewery on Lopez Island. Barely brews more than some home brewers, but he does a good job.

San Juan county Park on San Juan Island was fun too. We could watch whales and all the ships going by.

Odlin County Park was very nice and empty

#9 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,285 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 23 January 2018 - 11:14 PM

Thanks Orcas Island was the very first campground we ever stayed at,that was back in late 70s.

Had a great time there.Since then we have stayed on Friday Harbor at some kind of city/county park (tented it),

on a return trip in 09 from Alaska. Just before we bought the Bobcat.

The islands are nice but very crowded during the summer.

Post more pictures.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#10 Ronin

Ronin

• Members
  • 934 posts
  • LocationPNW

Posted 24 January 2018 - 04:36 AM

We stayed at Lopez Island for 3 days and did a day trip to Friday Harbor. Highlight of the trip was watching a transient Orca pod feasting on a sea lion. Our group was first on the scene and we had the show to ourselves. The transient group was unknown and a research vessel arrived to photograph their dorsal fins and record their vocalizations. It was a real tight squeeze driving onto the ferry - I couldn't imagine taking my current rig there now.

2019 Tundra 2019 Panther Shell

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users