• 106 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 12:54 AM

IMG_7916.JPG

#14 abqbw

abqbw

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 12:57 AM

That's my Velcro camera mount. The lower photo is a piece of Velcro that I cut to fit between the camera and the camera mount that it is screwed to. The Velcro pad on the camper is oversized so the cut piece grabs. It's ugly. But it works!

#15 Escapepod

Escapepod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • LocationSeal Beach

Posted 06 February 2018 - 04:44 PM

That's my Velcro camera mount. The lower photo is a piece of Velcro that I cut to fit between the camera and the camera mount that it is screwed to. The Velcro pad on the camper is oversized so the cut piece grabs. It's ugly. But it works!

I like the idea, but how did you connect it to the oem harness?

#16 skinnyd

skinnyd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationNE

Posted 07 February 2018 - 12:45 AM

IMG_1602.jpg

I originally bought a small camera from camera source that I returned. I instead bought the bigger camera with infrared. I decided I liked mounting it up higher so I can see over my bike racks. Works great when I am backing up close to something. The angle doesn’t see very far out so backing into traffic is not as good I think as a lower position. I used screws and coated wire clamps to secure the camera wire to the door. I followed the door frame to keep the look clean. Uses the factory harness on my 2017 f350.

Edited by skinnyd, 07 February 2018 - 12:53 AM.

#17 abqbw

abqbw

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 01:39 AM

I like the idea, but how did you connect it to the oem harness?

The camera from camera source comes with the factory harness plug. Unplug the tailgate cam. Plug in the camera source cam. My truck is a 2011 Tundra.

#18 Escapepod

Escapepod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • LocationSeal Beach

Posted 13 February 2018 - 05:37 PM

The camera from camera source comes with the factory harness plug. Unplug the tailgate cam. Plug in the camera source cam. My truck is a 2011 Tundra.

Sorry, I guess my question is how did you run the wire from the camera? Along the doorframe? I don't see a wire running from the camera/Velcro mount.

Edited by Escapepod, 13 February 2018 - 05:39 PM.

#19 abqbw

abqbw

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 08:57 PM

Sorry, I guess my question is how did you run the wire from the camera? Along the doorframe? I don't see a wire running from the camera/Velcro mount.

Sorry for the delayed response. The camera is not installed in the pic. I just run the wire along the door frame. I secure it with a couple of strips of Velcro.

#20 Escapepod

Escapepod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • LocationSeal Beach

Posted 24 March 2018 - 02:17 AM

Sorry for the delayed response. The camera is not installed in the pic. I just run the wire along the door frame. I secure it with a couple of strips of Velcro.

Well, I didn’t like the license plate location, so I mounted the camera on the door, centered over the truck hitch. Now I have a nice view of hitch alignment for hooking up the trailer.
Image1521857713.492577.jpg

Used white electrical tape to hold the black camera wire in place. No telling how long it will last, but it’ll give me time to explore alternatives.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users