Photo
- - - - -

Anyone using FWC Hawk in a 5.5 or 5.8 bed?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#31 abqbw

abqbw

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 08:45 PM

I have a Tundra with a 6.5 bed double cab and a Hawk. As Otto showed, the Tundra double cab and Hawk is a nice set-up. You can identify the double cab easily as it does not have a horization door handle for the back seats. I think the double cab is plenty roomy in the back seat. I had leaf spring upgrades done at Boise Spring Works in ID when I picked up the camper. I wish my Tundra had a larger capacity gas tank.

I have the same truck, camper, and springs by Boise Spring works. It's a great setup. I believe the Tundra Double cab with the 6.5 ft bed is the smallest full size truck with 4 regular opening doors and a 6.5 ft bed. That's what I like about it. Good balance of off-road capabilities and size. Granted, the rear seat doesn't have as much room as the larger cab trucks but that is what minimizes the overall and wheelbase dimensions.

I added a TRD pro suspension which greatly improved off road capabilities and a transfer flow 46 gal replacement tank which is incredible. The stock 26 gal tank was horrible for a vehicle getting 12 mph with the camper installed. Apparently a 38 gal tank is avail on the new tundras.

#32 OutToLunch

OutToLunch

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 04:32 AM

I have a 2013 F150 with supercab with 6.5 ft bed and ATC Ocelot. My six foot son does fine in the back seat on long trips.

I’d advise you look at both the extended cabs and the crew cabs of the major brands and judge how much difference there is in space. When i looked at trucks in 2013, i found the difference between the extended cabs and the crew cabs to be the angle of the seat backs in the rear and maybe six inches of leg room. I went with the extended cab as i figured that my son would only be tall and coming on trips with me for a few years out of the many years i would have the truck, so the extra space of a crew cab wasn’t worth it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users