Photo
- - - - -

New Swift Camper, Mods, Upgrades Etc......Pic Heavy.

swift fwc four wheel camper Tacoma Toyota

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#21 Hodakaguy

Hodakaguy

• Members
  • 641 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 02:16 AM

Very nice camper.This is the first time I have seen the "Batwing"awning deployed.

Thanks for the photos.Have a great time with your new camper.

Frank

Thanks, if you want any specific pics taken just let me know. 

Hodakaguy

My 4wd Sprinter Build: CLICK HERE

My Unimog U1300L Build:  CLICK HERE

My VW Syncro Westy Build:  CLICK HERE

My Tacoma/FWC  Builds: CLICK HERE

Ride Report - In Memory Of The Crewmen: CLICK HERE

#22 Hodakaguy

Hodakaguy

• Members
  • 641 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 02:19 AM

Awesome setup Hodaka guy.
Where the shake down run gunna be?

We have a couple "local" trips planned then will be heading to Yellowstone this summer and the outback desert of NV later this year.  Can't wait!

Hodakaguy

#23 Hodakaguy

Hodakaguy

• Members
  • 641 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 02:20 AM

Looks awesome! Congrats! I really like the layout.

Yeah the shell model is a great setup, the ARB fridge should fit nicely on the drivers side. 

Hodakaguy

#24 Hodakaguy

Hodakaguy

• Members
  • 641 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 02:22 AM

Why does your camper overhang the box when it is a new build, which I assume would be made for your truck?

That's just the way the Swift model fits the short bed trucks.  You can put a Swift in a long bed version and it will fit fully in the bed, a compromise between enough usable space and being compact. 

Hodakaguy

#25 Hodakaguy

Hodakaguy

• Members
  • 641 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 02:26 AM

FINALLY!!!

I knew this was gonna be posted up soon. Congratulations. Looks awesome. I can't wait to start seeing trip reports.

Some thoughts from my perspective. I do like that Batwing other than how much it sticks up above the roof. Maybe it is just perspective. Definitely like those LED strips inside compared to the older style lights. Hmmmm wonder what would be necessary to wire up some color changing smaller strips. I wish FWC would offer no heater in the shell models again. The bench fits so much better on the drivers side. Even though the Tacoma has the notorious "drivers side lean" you don't have to worry about it with the suspension set up you have. The way the door is offset to the side having the bench on the drivers side allows no overreach from the bottom of the couch. I think it would make it feel even more roomy on the wider models for small pickups. But being in the Pacific Northwest you'll be getting a lot of use out of the heater compared to other regions of the US.

What focal length lens are you using for the interior pics? Looks very wide. Gives a great perspective. FWC should hire you to do their photos.

The heater was an absolute must for us...I hate being cold!  For me the bench on the passenger side works really good, not sure I'd want to mess with it. 

The interior pics were taken with an Olympus EM1 and a 7.5mm Fish eye lens, the picture is then De-Fish eyed to remove the warping in post process and leaves you a nice looking normal wide angle shot.  That lens is perfect for capturing detail in tight areas. 

Hodakaguy

#26 Hodakaguy

Hodakaguy

• Members
  • 641 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 02:27 AM

You just pushed me over the edge to order a Swift!

keep the pics coming  B)

The Taco and Swift is a great combo!  Let me know if there is any specific shots you would like or have any questions. 

Hodakaguy

#27 Hodakaguy

Hodakaguy

• Members
  • 641 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 02:28 AM

Excellent, and congratulations. I wonder what the percentage of Silver spur exteriors is to white. When we saw that SilveR Spur we knew we'd be ordering that. Enjoy.

There were more white campers than silver spur units while I was at the factory.  I think the silver really looks more modern and clean on the truck myself, but I prefer the looks/feel of the lighter non silver spur interior as it makes it feel roomier and more open inside. 

Hodakaguy

#28 Vic Harder

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric

• Site Team
  • 4,948 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 08 March 2018 - 06:28 AM

The heater was an absolute must for us...I hate being cold!  For me the bench on the passenger side works really good, not sure I'd want to mess with it. 

The interior pics were taken with an Olympus EM1 and a 7.5mm Fish eye lens, the picture is then De-Fish eyed to remove the warping in post process and leaves you a nice looking normal wide angle shot.  That lens is perfect for capturing detail in tight areas. 

Hodakaguy

That's the camera I have too!  Love it!

#29 ETAV8R

ETAV8R

• Members
  • 906 posts
  • LocationRepublik of Kalifornia

Posted 08 March 2018 - 08:32 AM

Hodakaguy

I can imagine needing a heater up there. Thanks for sharing how you did the interior shots. Well done. I've only done some panos with my phone. They turned out ok for my purposes.

Founder of D.E.R.P. Desert Exploration & Research Project. A camp proper is a nomads biding place. He may occupy it for a season or only for a single night, according as the site and its surroundings please or do not please the wanderers whim- Horace Kephart.

2009 4x4 Tacoma Access Cab-The Gini

2013 Silver Spur Finch Shell- The Oxcart/Gini's Burden-

http://www.wanderthe...ory/#entry83606

#30 smlobx

smlobx

Lost again

• Members
  • 1,529 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 08 March 2018 - 05:11 PM

Congrats on your new rig!
There's nothing like that new camper smell.
I think the Swift is the best options for the Taco's. Great choice.

Eddie
KO4CPL

Travel light. Travel far. Travel safe.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: swift, fwc, four wheel camper, Tacoma, Toyota

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users