CaptRussia253

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationEdgewood, WA

Posted 15 March 2018 - 03:46 PM

Hello everyone!

I just purchased a 2017 fwc Swift shell model. I'm super pumped on some of the adventures we're going to have this summer. First I have to figure out if I'm going with a dual battery or solar panels up top.

The fwc is sitting on my 2013 Nissan Frontier 4x4 with Old Man Emu heavy duty suspension, ARB bumper, and KO2 tires. Would you recommend air bags? The leaf springs are rated for 800 lbs.

I'm sure I'll have much more to ask. New to the fwc world.

2013 Nissan Frontier CC 4X4

OME HD front coils/shocks. OME/Dakar HD rear with Firestone airbags/cradles.

2017 FWC Swift Shell

Custom things and stuff.

#2 CougarCouple

CougarCouple

• Members
  • 1,376 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 15 March 2018 - 03:54 PM

Hi Captainrussia253
Congratulations on the Swift. Sounds like you have already started personalizing you rig.

Russ
F250 extended cab, Cougar from ATC. You guys rock thank you!

#3 Josh41

Josh41

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 01:32 PM

I have a 2016 Frontier CCLWB and added leafs, but the air bags really help leveling things out. My understanding is that they limit travel. Post up some pics!!!

_VYoFq1WkZGxK532zpKzt1J3uaHVznXR58YhffQN

Edited by Josh41, 16 March 2018 - 01:36 PM.

Nissan Frontier 2016 CC LWB, 2" lift, tires, airbags and other stuff

FWC Fleet 

Summers Off

#4 Steelhead Taco

Steelhead Taco

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationStreamside

Posted 16 March 2018 - 04:06 PM

Congrats on your new camper!
I have OME Dakar w extra 2 leaf pack and air bags, and can say the air bags control sway in turns tremendously.
They hold 5k lbs at 50psi, I only need 10 - 15 psi. Also the lower bag mount is not used and opted for cradles.

gallery_8425_1200_934966.jpg

Edited by Steelhead Taco, 16 March 2018 - 08:55 PM.

#5 Karlton

Karlton

• Members
  • 168 posts
  • LocationSouthern Idaho

Posted 18 March 2018 - 02:29 AM

I did a leaf spring upgrade on my Tundra for the Hawk.  Check out the thread going on the Tacoma frame issues.  Do check your payload capacity on the Frontier.  

2019 Silverado 2500HD, 2017 Hawk

#6 Rob85

Rob85

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 02:34 AM

I have a 2016 Swift, and if I had to add some things, I would do the dual battery with solar installed. I have a portable 80 watt Zamp that takes up room when packing additional stuff. It can be a pain to pull the panel out all the time as well. Also I would do a front sliding window where you have access to the cab of your truck. It also it a lot easier when you want to wash your cab rear window and the Swifts. Do the air bags, and believe me it makes a difference. I installed the Firestone ride rite bags myself. It took all day but it was an easy job. 

Edited by Rob85, 01 April 2018 - 08:43 PM.

#7 cuervo

cuervo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 19 March 2018 - 04:46 PM

I have a 2016 Swift and if I had to add some things, I would do the dual battery with solar installed. I have a portable 80 watt Zamp that I take with me and it takes up room when packing additional stuff. It can be a pain to pull the panel out all the time as well. Also I would do a front sliding window where you can get in to the cab of your truck and it makes it a lot easier when you get it washed and you want to clean your cab rear window and the Swifts. Do the air bags and believe me it makes a difference. I installed the Firestone ride rite bags myself. It took all day but it was an easy job. 

Any ideas about where to get a sliding window for the front of the camper?

When I got my '17 Swift  the dealer was emphatic that FWC doesn't and won't install one at the factory, citing leakage problems, which I can completely understand. I'm willing to deal with such an inconvenience for the sake of cab access.

2017 Swift on a 2017 Tacoma

#8 CaptRussia253

CaptRussia253

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationEdgewood, WA

Posted 22 March 2018 - 06:05 PM

I have a 2016 Frontier CCLWB and added leafs, but the air bags really help leveling things out. My understanding is that they limit travel. Post up some pics!!!

_VYoFq1WkZGxK532zpKzt1J3uaHVznXR58YhffQN

Nice Frontier!!! Wish I had a long bed. I looked at a fleet and was going to buy it but everyone told me that would be too much weight behind the rear axle so I went with a swift. I will post up pictures for sure. Gotta figure out the size. It keeps telling me they're too big..

2017 FWC Swift Shell

Custom things and stuff.

#9 CaptRussia253

CaptRussia253

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationEdgewood, WA

Posted 22 March 2018 - 06:12 PM

Looks like I will definitely go with the Firestone airbags.

2017 FWC Swift Shell

Custom things and stuff.

#10 kestrel69

kestrel69

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationPort Townsend WA

Posted 23 March 2018 - 10:58 PM

Do you have a short bed Frontier?   Did the dealer install with the normal internal turnbuckles, or the external tie downs?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users