#11 dscobell

dscobell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 01:09 PM

Good morning Escapepod,

Congratulations on the new Grandby and the f350. You will love this combo as much as my family does. We talked about getting together after the install to compare notes. I definitely want to do that but I need to postpone this until later in April. My brother in law fell behind on his house build, so I am headed north to lend a hand to get him back on schedule. Congratulations again and I'll send a pm when I return.

camper: 2016 Grandby

truck: 2017 Ford F350 CCLB gasser

Callsign: KM6GWU

#12 slomo

slomo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationHamilton, Montana

Posted 22 March 2018 - 03:27 PM

got a Grandby and F350 too. I don't worry much about weight any more. 

#13 Conestoga

Conestoga

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationAlameda, Ca

Posted 22 March 2018 - 04:06 PM

Congratulations!  Now you have the best of both worlds with the camper and trailer for visitors.  Believe we met you in San Simeon in January.  We'll be at Bodega Bay as well so look forward to visiting with you again and seeing your new rig in person.

Cris & Rod

#14 Escapepod

Escapepod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • LocationSeal Beach

Posted 22 March 2018 - 04:09 PM

Good morning Escapepod,

Congratulations on the new Grandby and the f350. You will love this combo as much as my family does. We talked about getting together after the install to compare notes. I definitely want to do that but I need to postpone this until later in April. My brother in law fell behind on his house build, so I am headed north to lend a hand to get him back on schedule. Congratulations again and I'll send a pm when I return.

Looking forward to it!

#15 Escapepod

Escapepod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • LocationSeal Beach

Posted 22 March 2018 - 04:11 PM

Congratulations! Now you have the best of both worlds with the camper and trailer for visitors. Believe we met you in San Simeon in January. We'll be at Bodega Bay as well so look forward to visiting with you again and seeing your new rig in person.

Cris & Rod

Yes! And thanks again for the recommendation of Blue Highways; it is a classic! Looking forward to meeting in Bodega Bay!

#16 dharte

dharte

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 04:11 PM

Congrats on the new truck and camper. I really love the big front dinette with the Grandby-that will be my next set-up when my current truck kicks the bucket. It would be nice when camping with others to fit 4 people comfortably inside. I like having a nice hot shower (outdoor) after a day of hiking or mountain biking. For me, the water heater is essential.

#17 Escapepod

Escapepod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • LocationSeal Beach

Posted 22 March 2018 - 04:37 PM

Congrats! I have an appt. mid April for a Grandby Shell install. If, my factory ordered Ford comes in as planned. My truck is actually built now I am told. So the ETA could be a few days sooner, not holding my breath. When is the NorCal rally in Bodega Bay?

April 20-22

#18 klahanie

klahanie

• Validating
  • 932 posts
  • LocationSW BC

Posted 22 March 2018 - 04:46 PM

Beautiful set up ! Congrats and Many Happy Travels with it.

Couple of questions if I may:

- I like the look of storage space inside, is there more and is it very usable under the dinette benches ?

- Old days we used to put the battery(s) in the truck bed, between the camper and box sides, do you think that is possible with your truck and camper model ?

- Interested in the king bed, guessing the mattress consists of two large pads (queen size) and two small ones. Do you think someone could turf the small ones and make up like a N/S queen ? (that reads funny  :P ). If you could keep the pads from spreading apart, that is.

#19 klahanie

klahanie

• Validating
  • 932 posts
  • LocationSW BC

Posted 22 March 2018 - 05:00 PM

Ok, just remembers the overcab is prob 48' so there are lost of pads. I'll ask instead: top down, how much room is there between one stored pad and the ceiling ?

Thx, David

#20 longhorn1

longhorn1

Ouch, that stings!

• Members
  • 2,826 posts
  • LocationCarmel, Indiana

Posted 22 March 2018 - 07:23 PM

Congrats. Welcome to the FWC family and the Grandby family. jd

http://texaslonghorns01.blogspot.com/

Ford F-250 Long bed, 2014 Grandby

0 user(s) are reading this topic