• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 RONR

RONR

• Members
  • 110 posts
  • LocationMarin County, California

Posted 20 April 2018 - 12:25 AM

Headed off for another trip to catch the famous Lahontan Cutthroats. There’s nothing better than loading up the camper for another adventure. Rods, reels and flies packed and ready for another great fishing trip. Great food in the fridge for me and the guys and just a touch of my favorite whiskey to share around the campfire. Can’t wait.

I head out of Marin and touch bases with my friends with plans to meet at the lake at around 5 in the afternoon. One guy is already there and says the weather is great.

I head across highway 37 past Sears Point Raceway (or whatever it’s called now) and begin the journey on the highway through the San Pablo Bay National Wildlife Refuse. Seeing egrets, swans and white pelicans floating against a cloud scattered deep blue sky just taking in the beauty of nature and the wonders of migratory waterfowl. I watch puddle ducks jump from the water and begin their flight north. How absolutely beauti.........oh, oh, oh oh nooooooo! “Pump those wings you dumb&$#@ duck”. “Get the $#@* up you idiot”! Oh nooooooooooooo!

Drake mallard 0
Windshield 0
FWC 1 (feathers notwithstanding)

Actually, I felt bad for the duck, but don’t tell my hunting buddies.

End of trip report.

med_gallery_55_2_78609.jpg

#2 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,575 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 20 April 2018 - 12:29 AM

You’re getting ticketed for hunting out of season and harvesting game with an illegal device... :P

I am haunted by waters

#3 Elken

Elken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationSW Idaho

Posted 20 April 2018 - 03:20 AM

Ouch!  At least it wasn't big enough to go through the windshield.  I once saw a semi-tame white goose from a park go through a cement truck windshield and almost end up in the driver's lap....

#4 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,316 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 20 April 2018 - 04:54 AM

Wow! After all that, it looks like it's time to go fishing!

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#5 kmcintyre

kmcintyre

• Members
  • 1,381 posts
  • LocationBoise, ID

Posted 20 April 2018 - 01:33 PM

Ron!​  ​You are supposed to tell me when you are going fishing! :-)  I hope all is well.  Are you going up to the 'creek' this year?

Boise, ID

2022 Chevy 3500 HD

2023 FWC Flatbed Hawk

#6 RONR

RONR

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 03:11 PM

You’re getting ticketed for hunting out of season and harvesting game with an illegal device... :P

I was attacked by this savage creature. I plead self defense!

#7 RONR

RONR

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 03:20 PM

Ron!​You are supposed to tell me when you are going fishing! :-) I hope all is well. Are you going up to the 'creek' this year?

Yes I’m going to the creek and I hope I see you guys. I’ve also got my maps out looking at options for Lolo Motorway, North fork of the Clearwater, Kelly Creek and so on maybe in July. I know you’ve done that and we talked but when I get more familiar with the maps, I’ll email you for more advise.

Good to hear from you and hope all is well.

Ron

#8 kmcintyre

kmcintyre

• Members
  • 1,381 posts
  • LocationBoise, ID

Posted 20 April 2018 - 04:22 PM

Yes I’m going to the creek and I hope I see you guys. I’ve also got my maps out looking at options for Lolo Motorway, North fork of the Clearwater, Kelly Creek and so on maybe in July. I know you’ve done that and we talked but when I get more familiar with the maps, I’ll email you for more advise.

Ron

Sounds great.  Lolo is so great.  Mid to late July it opens up.  I'll check w/ Bill (I forwarded your original post to him) and see if he's planning on visiting.  I think another friend is taking Bill's spot this year too.

Boise, ID

2022 Chevy 3500 HD

2023 FWC Flatbed Hawk

#9 Cayuse

Cayuse

• Members
  • 771 posts
  • LocationMesa, AZ

Posted 20 April 2018 - 07:56 PM

Ron

From watching friends in the PNW post there has been a heavy snowpack in the Clearwater darainage this year.  Might be very late before some things oven up. I've had good flows for kayaking in the north fork of the Clearwater drainage well into July in past years with similar snow falls.

https://www.wcc.nrcs...rmal_update.pdf

2002 Grandby, 2008 Tundra Double Cab
Off Road Utility Trailer
Not enough time to go exploring.

#10 RONR

RONR

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 08:01 PM

From watching friends in the PNW post there has been a heavy snowpack in the Clearwater darainage this year. Might be very late before some things oven up. I've had good flows for kayaking in the north fork of the Clearwater drainage well into July in past years with similar snow falls.

https://www.wcc.nrcs...rmal_update.pdf

Good to know. Nice site. Thanks. I’ll keep an eye on things.

Ron

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users