#22 pods8

pods8

• Members
  • 2,555 posts
  • LocationThornton, CO

Posted 28 February 2009 - 04:36 PM

Available at Geno's Garage.

I'm having some dejavu... :D

But thanks for the consideration on the project all the same, great to have lots of ideas/input. :thumb:

Dug into things today. I ordered an SRT10 stock pillar for my truck which has a gauge slot my transmission temperature gauge/manifold should be here this week to install.

Posted Image

2022 F350 7.3L; family trailer at the moment and some aluminum stuck together to eventually form another truck camper

#23 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 28 February 2009 - 04:45 PM

I just hate it when my wife is right!!!!

Special Engel Pricing For WTW Members

Click here to see my ATC Cougar
JayAronowSales.com
(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

#24 pods8

pods8

• Members
  • 2,555 posts
  • LocationThornton, CO

Posted 01 March 2009 - 04:39 AM

Installed the finished slider today, still need to get some foam/cushions set up for it. Considering doing two cushions to allow it to either be a queen or king, when its just us two we'd likely roll it king but if there are ever others around we could leave one of the cushions at home and just have a queen.

Hooked up the batteries and charger just to get them topped off and put some power to the lights in the camper. Probably will leave them here for now while I dwell on my couch mod and decide where I'd like them permanently (even if they stay in the same spot). Hopefully we're going out next weekend so I'll get them secured from movement before then.

Moved the stove over the fridge and got it all plumbed up. I didn't know if the fridge exhaust coming back in would be an issue through the stove so I put a wood divider across the top of the fridge (behind the stove) and filled the cavity on the sides of the fridge and underneath the stove with unbatted (ie no combustibles) fiberglass insulation to block airflow and insulate the fridge if the bottom of the stove throws off any heat. I'll fab up a heat shield for some insurance against the sides of the camper. Fired it up and its functional. Furnace is good to go but the fridge wouldn't fire up, however its the first time I tried it so I'll have to do some investigating. Doesn't appear that the valve on it is opening up the flow of propane. Does this thing ever stick/wear out/plug?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

2022 F350 7.3L; family trailer at the moment and some aluminum stuck together to eventually form another truck camper

#25 ScottBailey

ScottBailey

• Members
  • 649 posts
  • LocationMesa, AZ

Posted 01 March 2009 - 05:18 AM

Does this thing ever stick/wear out/plug?

I've got the Dometic 1.9: it seems like it takes 3 minutes of holding the knob pushed in before the thing will light and another minute so it'll stay lit after I release. I may have a defect in mine, but how would I know? Mine works fine thereafter.

Scott Bailey -- W7SEB
2007 F350 XLT Diesel CC SRW SB 4x4
Cheap tent and a Partner Steel stove. 
Future? Really like the Hiatus, but I'm broke AF, so dreaming about a DIY.
SOLD: 2008 ATC Panther:dinette, 5th wheel

#26 ScottBailey

ScottBailey

• Members
  • 649 posts
  • LocationMesa, AZ

Posted 01 March 2009 - 05:24 AM

Oh yeah, good pics.

Also, I have a king slider, but the slider cushions are unwieldy. I'll be making some narrower (say half the size?) cushions in the near future. I'll keep the king ones, though, and take them when it makes sense. At least, that's today's plan...

Scott Bailey -- W7SEB

#27 pods8

pods8

• Members
  • 2,555 posts
  • LocationThornton, CO

Posted 01 March 2009 - 08:52 AM

Oh yeah, good pics.

Also, I have a king slider, but the slider cushions are unwieldy. I'll be making some narrower (say half the size?) cushions in the near future. I'll keep the king ones, though, and take them when it makes sense. At least, that's today's plan...

You talking two skinny ones or two squarish ones? I wash thinking the skinny route and storing them behind the couch perhaps.

#28 ScottBailey

ScottBailey

• Members
  • 649 posts
  • LocationMesa, AZ

Posted 01 March 2009 - 04:23 PM

You talking two skinny ones or two squarish ones? I wash thinking the skinny route and storing them behind the couch perhaps.

I have 2 squarish ones. I'm thinking 2 rectangular ones, one of which will be the twin side back cushion...

Scott Bailey -- W7SEB

#29 pods8

pods8

• Members
  • 2,555 posts
  • LocationThornton, CO

Posted 01 March 2009 - 04:28 PM

Figured the fridge out, this is the first time I've dealt with a 3way fridge, didn't realize you needed to hold the propane knob in off the bat.

#30 pods8

pods8

• Members
  • 2,555 posts
  • LocationThornton, CO

Posted 02 March 2009 - 02:55 AM

Gauge is all wired in now:
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users