34 replies to this topic

#31 smlobx

smlobx

Lost again

• Members
  • 1,529 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 16 June 2018 - 09:48 PM

As an amateur photographer (with a new Nikon camera) I sometimes wish that I wasn't the driver as well. My love is actually landscape photography for the most part and the sunsets we experienced were unbelievable to put it mildly.

Here are a few of my favorites..
I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have..
Thanks for allowing me to post this trip.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0874.jpg
  • IMG_0875.jpg
  • IMG_0876.jpg
  • IMG_0877.jpg

Edited by smlobx, 16 June 2018 - 09:49 PM.

Eddie
KO4CPL

Travel light. Travel far. Travel safe.

#32 pvstoy

pvstoy

• Members
  • 2,770 posts
  • LocationCarson City, NV

Posted 03 July 2018 - 04:14 AM

Hey Eddie,

You did good and thank you so much for sharing your story and images.  What a nice experience to be able to drive yourself and camp out.  It looked like you had some freedom by not being in a safari vehicle with other tourist.  Looks like a trip that we would enjoy doing but would frustrate others in the group when we would want to sit and watch/photograph a animal for hours at a time.

We like the Chobe River as we have been there three times and have booked 2 more times in the near future.  Being a photographer in a custom boat on the Chobe is great.  The Chobe is such a target rich environment that never disappoints with a variety of wildlife opportunities.  Attached is a image of the boat we use.  It has center swivel chairs with a gimble on wheels for our big lenses.  The company even will supply Nikon camera and lenses that you can use. CNP is the company.

chobe1-1.jpg

Edited by pvstoy, 03 July 2018 - 04:15 AM.

Patrick

2015 FWC Hawk Flatbed

#33 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,293 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 03 July 2018 - 07:17 PM

Thanks for taking the time to post your trip photos.

What a great experience.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#34 smlobx

smlobx

Lost again

• Members
  • 1,529 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 04 July 2018 - 10:49 AM

Patrick-
We saw those boats when we were on the river and commented to our friends that it was a great set up!
I was actually surprised how well the Nikon did when I turned on the VR switch to eliminate movement. I brought a tripod but due to the situation I didn't have a chance to use it. I hope to on our next trip, possibly to Namibia, and photograph the night sky...As I'm sure you know with virtually no pollution both light and other the night skies were amazing!

Edited by smlobx, 04 July 2018 - 10:52 AM.

Eddie
KO4CPL

#35 smlobx

smlobx

Lost again

• Members
  • 1,529 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 04 July 2018 - 10:54 AM

Thanks for taking the time to post your trip photos.
What a great experience.
Frank

My pleasure Frank!
I hope everyone has a great 4th! We're off to the mountains this am to escape this ridiculous heat wave...

Eddie
KO4CPL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users