8 replies to this topic

#1 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,316 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 02 July 2018 - 01:14 AM

The Fourth - our Independence Day - falls midweek this year. This hinders many people from making it a long weekend.  Here's a suggestion for a celebration to attend -

Genoa Nevada 4th of July Celebration

What are some of the cool celebrations you may be attending?

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#2 N'kwala

N'kwala

Geezelle

• Members
  • 423 posts
  • Locationwest coast

Posted 02 July 2018 - 04:21 AM

Marked Canada Day today with grilled bratwurst, potato salad, Moosehead beer and watermelon.  Probably not really traditional but tasty.

#3 Ronin

Ronin

• Members
  • 934 posts
  • LocationPNW

Posted 02 July 2018 - 08:37 PM

Doesn't qualify as cool but I'll be working a trail project on the PCT with the Backcountry Horsemen out of Red's Meadow July 3-8. Won't be any fireworks but there'll be good eating!!

Happy 4th everybody - honk if you see me heading down 395 early tomorrow morning!!

2019 Tundra 2019 Panther Shell

#4 pvstoy

pvstoy

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • LocationCarson City, NV

Posted 02 July 2018 - 09:43 PM

My Gal will be there as she plays in the Carson City Symphony.  Though I avoid crowds I just might work on the camper that day. ski are you attending?

The Fourth - our Independence Day - falls midweek this year. This hinders many people from making it a long weekend.  Here's a suggestion for a celebration to attend -

Genoa Nevada 4th of July Celebration

What are some of the cool celebrations you may be attending?

Patrick

2015 FWC Hawk Flatbed

#5 pvstoy

pvstoy

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • LocationCarson City, NV

Posted 02 July 2018 - 09:48 PM

Hey Ronin I saw those work days on the PCT schedule.. You should have fun, and car camping to boot. Thank goodness for the Back-country Horsemen as they carry tools for us on the Tahoe Rim Trail.  June 18 they carried tools, chainsaw and grip hoist to Star Lake for three day backpack work trip.  THANKFUL we did not have to carry it! I did burn up 5 tanks of fuel....  Enjoy your adventure.

Doesn't qualify as cool but I'll be working a trail project on the PCT with the Backcountry Horsemen out of Red's Meadow July 3-8. Won't be any fireworks but there'll be good eating!!

Happy 4th everybody - honk if you see me heading down 395 early tomorrow morning!!

Patrick

2015 FWC Hawk Flatbed

#6 takesiteasy

takesiteasy

• Members
  • 2,588 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 02 July 2018 - 11:35 PM

We'll be celebrating in our backyard- burgers and potato salad for sure. Predicted thunderstorms should provide some good fireworks. :)

2011 Tacoma AC TRD
ATC Custom Shell

travelswithrockythedog.blogspot.com

#7 Ronin

Ronin

• Members
  • 934 posts
  • LocationPNW

Posted 02 July 2018 - 11:46 PM

pvstoy:

I've been trying to get this project on my schedule for years for the reasons you gave plus I've heard they have a great camp chef. Sounds like you had a great time at Star Lake. Worked a TRT realignment at Echo Summit last year ( or was it 2 yrs? ). Maybe you were there? Will be working one of the trail realignment hitches  at Sierra Buttes in late August. Worked this project 3-4 years ago and had to carry all of our tools in about 3 miles. Thankfully we cached them and didn't have to carry them from base camp each day.

2019 Tundra 2019 Panther Shell

#8 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,316 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 13 July 2018 - 01:36 AM

ski are you attending?

Negative. We did a quick trip to drop off some of Julie's Dad's special items for his grandson and then visited friends at their new place in the Bitterroot Valley.

I have numerous friends who have played music at the Genoa event over the years.

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#9 Hoopy

Hoopy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Locationsouthern Wa

Posted 16 September 2018 - 03:45 PM

My family ends up in Stanley Idaho on that day for the past four years. We spend some time camping,biking fishing hiking never gets old ( just us). It’s a participatory event .... we have upped our game each year .......more water balloons and super squirters rafting style! First year we were just victims and laughed a lot! It’s small and quaint but fun.and the area has given us so much in differt ways!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users