b team eagle camper wire job

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#21 b team

b team

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 04:05 AM

got rid of the box that the gas detector was in. Saves space. hanging wire is for a foot operated water pump switch. easier than having to use the factory switch.

Posted Image

My table solution.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Free and Easy Down the Road I Go 2003 Eagle

#22 b team

b team

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 04:13 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#23 b team

b team

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 04:22 AM

A/C. Removable. made a wooden platform. Exhausts hot air into truck cab. Need to keep windows down 1" or so. I did it this way so it didn't look "trailer" with a window a/c hanging off the side of the camper. Unit fits thru sliding camper window. Had to tape up some of the vents. If this doesn't work well enough then I'll move the camper back about 1" from the truck bed for more air circulation. Tested today in the sun, 95F weather. After about 45 minutes the camper (popped up) temp was 84. Felt a lot cooler directly in front of the ac :D .

When I turned off the a/c the camper temp went right up. Obviously they aren't insulated very much. I think that in the dark when nighttime temps are still in the high 80s-90s it will work well enough so I can sleep. But with the sun beating down it isn't powerful enough to get really cold (only 6000btu).

Some pics.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#24 b team

b team

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 04:29 AM

Posted Image

#25 DLN

DLN

• Members
  • 1,111 posts
  • LocationGrass Valley Area, CA

Posted 23 August 2007 - 03:40 PM

bteam,

Very nice work. We love our music too but haven't considered anything built in yet. Thanks for posting.
DLN Ex- 2006 Eagle - 2002 Tacoma TRD - Ride Rite Air Bags Current - 2004 17' Casita SD

#26 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,020 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 23 August 2007 - 09:06 PM

Where do you get those magazine holders? I need some :)
Interesting idea on the ac. Almost makes me wish I had the sliding window. D rings aren't bad either. Hmmm, I think i need to make run down to the hardware store.

#27 b team

b team

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 02:00 AM

The story on the magazine holders is a long one...

Bell automotive used to make them and walmart sold them for around $6. I should have bought a bunch because they don't anymore. I got mine from the marine section at cabelas for a whole lot more. This was about 6 months ago. Maybe you could find them elsewhere or make your own. I tried camping world and the local trailer rv supply with no luck.

#28 Sam

Sam

• Members
  • 312 posts
  • LocationCentral California Sierra Nevadas

Posted 24 August 2007 - 03:03 AM

Thanks for the AC update, that was the exact unit I was looking at (Lowes) I think you have an eu1000? any problems running the little AC, how hard does the Honda work?

#29 Stan@FourWheel

Stan@FourWheel

• Members
  • 2,376 posts
  • LocationWoodland, CA

Posted 24 August 2007 - 06:35 PM

hello bteam

Nice Work !

I will save those air condition pictures for future customers.

Here are some pictures of the air conditioner unit we offer in the Hawk & Grandby models currently.

You won't see it on the price list or web page (it is still a custom application).

We try and stay away from installing them because they are just not that "beefy". They are designed to be installed in an office wall and left there. They are not built for off road use and don't last as long if you are bouncing it to death on the wash board roads. We will install them for the customers that really have to have them, but you won't see it listed.

thanks again for sharing your front window installation pictures !

Attached Thumbnails

• inside air conditioner.JPG
  • outside air conditioner.JPG

Stan Kennedy --- Four Wheel Pop-up Campers
1400 Churchill Downs Avenue, Suite A

Woodland, CA 95776
(800) 242-1442 or (530) 666-1442
www.fourwh.com  ---  e-mail = stan@fourwh.com

#30 Sam

Sam

• Members
  • 312 posts
  • LocationCentral California Sierra Nevadas

Posted 26 August 2007 - 05:45 AM

Thanks for the picture Stan. I saw one in Mammoth last year and thought that the owner must have put it in because I did not think you offered an AC. You guys did about as nice an install as possible, but I still think the AC's hanging out look cheezy!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users