• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 shellback

shellback

• Members
  • 336 posts
  • LocationWagontown,PA

Posted 19 August 2018 - 05:33 PM

Wasn't sure were to post this. I have DeLorme CD's for the US and Canada but unfortunately my old computer took a crap. They won't install on my new Windows 10 laptop. Since my original purchase, DeLorme has been bought by Garmin, so I'm not sure if I could get support from them. Anybody else have this issue or know of a work around? 

#2 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,576 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 19 August 2018 - 05:49 PM

I keep an old PC around for no other reason. You could probably pick one up for next to nothing.

I also mapped most of the western half of the US downloaded to my GPS.

I am haunted by waters

#3 shellback

shellback

• Members
  • 336 posts
  • LocationWagontown,PA

Posted 19 August 2018 - 06:00 PM

I'd like to have it on the laptop I travel with, but maybe that can't be an option.

#4 takesiteasy

takesiteasy

• Members
  • 2,588 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 19 August 2018 - 07:25 PM

I feel your pain. I have a similar problem with Mac GPS Pro. Used to use it on my MacBook Pro with a GPS receiver- worked great at home and on trips.

The company stopped updating the program for the new Apple operating system and went exclusively to the iphone/ipad platform. I have all the USGS and Forest Service maps as well as some custom maps which are now useless. Very frustrating.

I'm still investigating what new program to use in the future.

2011 Tacoma AC TRD
ATC Custom Shell

travelswithrockythedog.blogspot.com

#5 Taku

Taku

Buffalo Rockface

• Members
  • 757 posts

Posted 19 August 2018 - 07:38 PM

ONXMaps claims to extensive maps for many states. I have used the chips in my GPS for hunting and they are good for land ownership. Once you buy them, it is about $30.00/year for updates, but I don't update every year. I am thinking of getting an iPad for this kind of coverage - works whether you have cell coverage or not. I do use Avenza maps on my iPhone for work and it does work really well. But want to have something for a larger area that is updated. Might be worth looking into ONXMaps.

2005 Tundra  2013 Ocelot    "Ridiculously comfortable"

2021 Tundra 2022 Cougar Shell Built Out  "Even more ridiculously comfortable"

#6 ntsqd

ntsqd

Custom User Title

• Members
  • 2,881 posts
  • LocationNorth So.CA

Posted 19 August 2018 - 09:29 PM

I also have the DeLorme program, and I can't find the install disc as I'd like to install it on a second netbook. I tend to use it as simply a moving map GPS and don't use much of it's options. For the next iteration of vehicle nav I plan to go the iPad route.

Thom

Where does that road go?

#7 rubberlegs

rubberlegs

curmudgeon

• Members
  • 563 posts
  • LocationEverett, WA

Posted 12 September 2018 - 04:46 AM

Have you tried caltopo.com?

Tacoma/Fleet 2018.

#8 Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

• Members
  • 2,762 posts
  • LocationNE Calif/NW Nev

Posted 12 September 2018 - 10:40 PM

Had the same pain too; luckily, I had down loaded a bunch of the data for allot of places I go into the old garmin. By the way have you bought your new printer yet so you can print using your Windows 10! Oh and you can buy a whole new set of discs to work in your new garmin, that may work in Windows 10-isn't progress wonderful!

Smoke

Edited by Smokecreek1, 12 September 2018 - 10:41 PM.

Smokecreek1:99F1504x4with05Granby

#9 Old Crow

Old Crow

Searching....

• Members
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationSouth Central PA

Posted 13 September 2018 - 01:08 AM

Windows Compatibility Chart for Delorme Applications

'01 FWC Hawk shell on a '13 Tundra Double-Cab  + '19 Ford Transit van with Quigley 4x4 option

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users