82 replies to this topic

#81 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,316 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 01 November 2018 - 10:25 PM

When we lived in eastern Idaho our trips to Yellowstone and Grand Teton in the spring, fall and occasionally even summer proved you can have an enjoyable experience with a little planning and patience. You just have to go into with the right attitude and a willingness to share the experience. Besides, solitude can often be found just a short distance down a trail. I do recommend investing in bear spray and knowing how to use it.

Thanks for the kind comments, Batman! Yellowstone is worth visiting. As you say, homework and attitude. :)

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#82 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,316 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 01 November 2018 - 10:28 PM

Those were some wonderful days for you. Isn’t is great that we can explore this fabulous country, especially the West? We enjoyed Lemhi Pass and Bannock (a movie was being filmed while we were there 2 years ago). I like how you get out there and really explore. The photos are very excellent at showing what you are doing without revealing too much about an area. You two seem to have a knack for visiting cool places. Like your wife, I am the navigator and my husband calls himself the designated driver. It is fun planning our next adventures. That should keep me busy during the next 4 months of drizzle and grey skies.

I enjoyed the part about pulling out metal fence posts. My husband actually has a pole jack with chain. We also have a Kubota 2501 that we use for farm chores but quit mowing the lawn years ago.

I hope you keep traveling and sharing. I truly enjoy your writing and photos.

You are very kind, clikrf8! Thank you. We also appreciated your stories. We switched from front end loader to front mount snowblower on our little Massey Ferguson last weekend and got all four tire chains installed. Bring on the big dumps Ma Nature!

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#83 CALIcamperdad

CALIcamperdad

• Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 07:11 AM

Skis thank you for doing the Yellowstone post. It was here that I gleaned how to plan our Yellowstone trip in 2017 with the Wander West crowd suggestions. I have wondered if we would go back? Yes I think we will!

Though I was just asked where too? For next Summer? Hmm? This last summer we had loose plans for Glacier NP but a knee replacement for my dad aka grandpa threw that plan for a loop. So maybe Glacier NP goes back on the planning table for next yr.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users