Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,315 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 25 September 2018 - 01:08 AM

Is the Hope Valley CG still open?

Frank

Closed today at noon.

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#12 Batman

Batman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationWestern Slope CO

Posted 25 September 2018 - 01:47 PM

Lots of fall color in southwestern Colorado right now. Many people are saying its a bit early this year. Some are saying its likely to be short-lived. We're heading over to the Crested Butte area today to enjoy it how ever long it lasts.

2013 Tacoma AC, 2017 FWC Fleet

#13 Old Crow

Old Crow

Searching....

• Members
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationSouth Central PA

Posted 25 September 2018 - 04:43 PM

For us Mid-Atlanticans who aren't able to get out West to see the eastern Sierras this Fall....

I try to get down to West Virginia's Canaan Valley each Fall for early colors in our area.   As the highest-floored (sizable) valley east of the Mississippi, colors change earlier than the surrounding area.  And the colors are typically more intense.   I normally plan for the first week of October.

This Outdoor Photographer article describes some of the places I visit on my circuit of favorite places.  Many are in or near the Monongahela National Forest and I see that site has a Fall Colors Report up.  And the annual Leaf Peepers Festival is coming up later this week at Blackwater Falls State Park.

'01 FWC Hawk shell on a '13 Tundra Double-Cab  + '19 Ford Transit van with Quigley 4x4 option

#14 pvstoy

pvstoy

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • LocationCarson City, NV

Posted 25 September 2018 - 04:48 PM

Drove down 395 Sunday to climb Boundary Peak and Conway summit has some yellow and green. Too early but there will be some that will be past prime and some still green in the coming weeks. High up on the slope could see nice reddish between Virginia and green creek on the high road.

Out highway 120 south of mono lake at Sagehen meadow the hill side is prime with reds and yellows.

Talked with a couple last night and they drove around from Bridgeport to mammoth and it is not ready yet. Sagehen meadows was the best they saw.

Patrick

2015 FWC Hawk Flatbed

#15 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,282 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 25 September 2018 - 08:41 PM

Closed today at noon.

Bummer. All those nice CG in the Alpine Co area close way too early IMO.

So we'll stay at Grover while fishing at Heenan.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#16 Ted

Ted

Magellan

• Site Team
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationEast of Sacramento

Posted 26 September 2018 - 03:09 PM

Bummer. All those nice CG in the Alpine Co area close way too early IMO

Agree completely.

"Not all who wander are lost. Except Ted, he's usually lost."  Dirty Dog

#17 Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

• Members
  • 2,761 posts
  • LocationNE Calif/NW Nev

Posted 26 September 2018 - 05:03 PM

Me Too! Still plan to head south on Monday or Tuesday-unless  go North to the Steens (old friend never been there and wants to see them)! Ted, the meat  bees are out and about in force in  the Lassen area, but the trees are coloring up! Didn't hear any wolves when I was out and about last week. just a young bear and some ospreys! Chance of rain next week!

Smoke

Smokecreek1:99F1504x4with05Granby

#18 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,565 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 27 September 2018 - 11:41 PM

Janet, can you give us an update on what is being done to correct the “page not found problem”? I think it would be good to give the members an idea of what is happening.

I am haunted by waters

#19 billharr

billharr

• Members
  • 2,823 posts
  • LocationStockton CA

Posted 28 September 2018 - 12:55 AM

Janet, can you give us an update on what is being done to correct the “page not found problem”? I think it would be good to give the members an idea of what is happening.

+1 getting old having to click twice to read a post.

#20 Lighthawk

Lighthawk

Weekend warrior

• Members
  • 3,319 posts
  • LocationNevada City, CA

Posted 28 September 2018 - 08:59 PM

We've altered our Yosemite trip next week, and will be in Lee Vining on Saturday 10/6. Sunday morning we'll try for Lundy to hike the upper canyon, or Carson Pass.

2021 RAM 3500 Crew 4x4, 6.4 hemi/8 speed trans with 4.10 gears, Timber Grove bags, Falken Wildpeak 35" tires.

OEV Aluma 6.75 flatbed, Bundutec Odyssey camper on order for 2024

For this year we're still using our 2008 FWC Hawk with victron DC-DC charger, 130w solar, MPPT controler

with 2000w inverter and external 120v output and 12v solar input with 100w portable solar.   http://lighthawkphoto.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users