• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Zirdu

Zirdu

• Members
  • 110 posts
  • LocationSt. George, UT

Posted 25 September 2018 - 03:44 PM

Out camping this week.  I had a small speaker and an I-pad plugged into the USB ports.  All working fine.  Sun was charging my solar panels and charging the camper battery.  Then I plugged my Cpap machine into the 12V receptacle to charge up it's battery.  The USB ports immediately quit working.  However the 12V receptacle continued to work fine and no fuses were blown.  I could not get the USB ports to work, no matter what I tried.  I have a fairly new Grandby with a panel that includes the 12V cigarette lighter receptacle and two double USB ports below.  

On coming home, I cut out the USB ports and tested the wires coming into them, and there was 12 volt power.  So this proves the USB ports themselves blew out.  I was wanting to change them out anyway to a better quality.  

#2 GDinMT

GDinMT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 25 September 2018 - 03:57 PM

I recently replaced one of my double USB jacks with the BlueSea 4.8A double plug.  I've been very happy with it thus far.

https://www.amazon.c...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

#3 Old Crow

Old Crow

Searching....

• Members
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationSouth Central PA

Posted 25 September 2018 - 05:12 PM

Interesting thread on this topic started by Hodakaguy a few months ago:  More Power!  USB Charger upgrade for the camper

'01 FWC Hawk shell on a '13 Tundra Double-Cab  + '19 Ford Transit van with Quigley 4x4 option

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users