6 replies to this topic

#1 longhorn1

longhorn1

Ouch, that stings!

• Members
  • 2,826 posts
  • LocationCarmel, Indiana

Posted 10 October 2018 - 11:51 PM

We spent 2 weeks in Utah and Colorado.  Our batteries puked out at the start of our trip.  We drove 800+ miles to get to Rocky Mountain FWC early that Monday morning.  In at 9:30am and out at 11am.  Great job by the FWC guys.  About 5 days later we started experiencing other issues.  Turns out the solar controller failed and no solar charging was going to the batteries. We had planned on heading to Telluride for the Aspens, but Tropical Storm Rosa was going to dump heavy rain in Arizona, Utah, and SW Colorado.  The called for extensive flooding around Capitol Reef and 6 days of rain in Telluride.  We headed back to Denver and the guys did a complete system check and discovered the failed solar controller.  They installed a new one and we were on our way again.  All systems working perfectly. 

I decided to do the entire trip in one blog.  We covered over 4,500 miles and had a blast.  So much to go back for on another trip.

2018 Utah-Colorado

http://texaslonghorns01.blogspot.com/

Ford F-250 Long bed, 2014 Grandby

#2 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,316 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 11 October 2018 - 01:58 PM

John, you covered a lot of beautiful territory. Some of it triggered fond memories of our visits. Travel is wonderful because it makes you want to come back and see more. We loved your comments about beautiful sunsets, what a nice way to cap off a day. Thanks for letting us enjoy your trip too! :)

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#3 Cayuse

Cayuse

• Members
  • 771 posts
  • LocationMesa, AZ

Posted 11 October 2018 - 02:09 PM

Thanks!  Headed up to southern Utah in 10 days to spend some time wandering around.  Nothing like seeing someones photos and reading about their trip to get me excited to revisit some old haunts!

2002 Grandby, 2008 Tundra Double Cab
Off Road Utility Trailer
Not enough time to go exploring.

#4 longhorn1

longhorn1

Ouch, that stings!

• Members
  • 2,826 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 06:27 PM

John, you covered a lot of beautiful territory. Some of it triggered fond memories of our visits. Travel is wonderful because it makes you want to come back and see more. We loved your comments about beautiful sunsets, what a nice way to cap off a day. Thanks for letting us enjoy your trip too! :)

Thanks Ski

#5 longhorn1

longhorn1

Ouch, that stings!

• Members
  • 2,826 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 06:29 PM

Thanks! Headed up to southern Utah in 10 days to spend some time wandering around. Nothing like seeing someones photos and reading about their trip to get me excited to revisit some old haunts!

Cayuse have fun. Of all the places we went we loved Capitol Reef. We had a blast driving Moki Dugway and Burr Trail Switchbacks.

Edited by longhorn1, 12 October 2018 - 12:08 AM.

#6 Cayuse

Cayuse

• Members
  • 771 posts
  • LocationMesa, AZ

Posted 11 October 2018 - 06:57 PM

Cayuse have fun. Out all the places we went we loved Capitol Reef. We had a blast driving Moki Dugway and Burr Trail Switchbacks.

Thanks.  I think we'll go Valley of the Gods - Moki Dugway- Beef Basin- Indian Creek- Arches- Willow Springs- Hanksville-Bullfrog-Burr Trail- Boulder-Cottonwood Canyon-Kanab and then home.  

My roommate has never seen most of that area while I've traveled through all of it pretty extensively.  Weather might cause us to miss Beef Basin and Willow Springs this trip.  I like Capitol Reef but no time for Cathedral Valley this time or the Swell, always have to miss something :-(

2002 Grandby, 2008 Tundra Double Cab
Off Road Utility Trailer
Not enough time to go exploring.

#7 takesiteasy

takesiteasy

• Members
  • 2,588 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 12 October 2018 - 02:10 PM

Your report brought back some memories of our trip to Utah last year. I enjoyed reading it. it's true- there is always more to see. Thanks.

2011 Tacoma AC TRD
ATC Custom Shell

travelswithrockythedog.blogspot.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users