• Please log in to reply
247 replies to this topic

#231 pvstoy

pvstoy

• Members
  • 2,760 posts
  • LocationCarson City, NV

Posted 30 August 2019 - 01:00 AM

Looks like you are moving on, there is a window slider on the for sale post. Good luck

Patrick

2015 FWC Hawk Flatbed

#232 Ourayphotography

Ourayphotography

• Members
  • 146 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 30 August 2019 - 01:43 AM

Hey Ouray, the new shell will be awesome.  Have you priced having them do it just a little bit custom to fit the platform on your truck? Maybe the modifications to you truck won't be too bad to fit the standard shell.  You'll have better resale if you go that route.   

I'd imagine that if you just list up your project here or online, you'll find someone who's interested.  

Hey yes, the shell should be very interesting. Unfortunately FWC will not make any mods at all. I talked to ATC and yes they would have done the mod to fit my bed, and cheap, but in the end, I figured FWC had better resale and they look less dated. I actually ordered Another long Grandby, so it will be pretty close to fitting my custom flatbed. I just plan to do what it takes to get it home, and modify the bed as needed. I am still hoping to beef the floor and jack locations, but until I see it, hard to say. I still have barely seen a current model, so a lot of guessing.

To advertise my project for sale, is there a separate place on this site, or just begin a new for sale?

Appreciate it!

#233 Ourayphotography

Ourayphotography

• Members
  • 146 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 30 August 2019 - 02:28 AM

Looks like you are moving on, there is a window slider on the for sale post. Good luck

Window slider? thanks

#234 a8ksh4

a8ksh4

• Members
  • 109 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 30 August 2019 - 03:00 PM

Fwiw regarding ATC, I got a quick look at a couple of in-progress campers there when I stopped by to pick up the metal for my roof.  They looked really stout compared to my old granby.  Despite the dated construction, it looked like they were doing a quality build. 

All I can think of would be the classifieds section on this site and maybe over at expedition portal.  I think they have more traffic over there.  

#235 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,536 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 30 August 2019 - 04:02 PM

Fwiw regarding ATC, I got a quick look at a couple of in-progress campers there when I stopped by to pick up the metal for my roof.  They looked really stout compared to my old granby.  Despite the dated construction, it looked like they were doing a quality build. 

All I can think of would be the classifieds section on this site and maybe over at expedition portal.  I think they have more traffic over there.

The ATC motto, “Built To Survive” is a fact. Their commitment to the customer is fantastic!

I am haunted by waters

#236 Ourayphotography

Ourayphotography

• Members
  • 146 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 30 August 2019 - 04:26 PM

The ATC motto, “Built To Survive” is a fact. Their commitment to the customer is fantastic!

Interesting, I have never seen their skeleton online. Do they do more welds than the single side like FWC?

#237 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,536 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 30 August 2019 - 10:14 PM

Interesting, I have never seen their skeleton online. Do they do more welds than the single side like FWC?

Go to the Ski3pin build for some photos. Best bet is to call ATC.

http://ski3pin.blogs...r-part-one.html

I am haunted by waters

#238 klahanie

klahanie

• Validating
  • 932 posts
  • LocationSW BC

Posted 30 August 2019 - 11:45 PM

Good call on moving on if you're bogged. No shame in that.

Can't help with the selling but can wish you best of luck brother with the new project

#239 Ourayphotography

Ourayphotography

• Members
  • 146 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 01 September 2019 - 08:19 PM

Good call on moving on if you're bogged. No shame in that.

Can't help with the selling but can wish you best of luck brother with the new project

Agree, no shame at all, it became a no brainer. life can be too short. 3 month wait is better than 1 year of building. 

#240 Living The Dream

Living The Dream

• Members
  • 464 posts
  • LocationFront Range, Colorado

Posted 02 September 2019 - 03:09 AM

Hey yes, the shell should be very interesting. Unfortunately FWC will not make any mods at all. I talked to ATC and yes they would have done the mod to fit my bed, and cheap, but in the end, I figured FWC had better resale and they look less dated. I actually ordered Another long Grandby, so it will be pretty close to fitting my custom flatbed. I just plan to do what it takes to get it home, and modify the bed as needed. I am still hoping to beef the floor and jack locations, but until I see it, hard to say. I still have barely seen a current model, so a lot of guessing.

To advertise my project for sale, is there a separate place on this site, or just begin a new for sale?

Appreciate it!

Ouray. Congrats on the decision. I think you'll be very happy with it once you are out camping.  In regards to the sale, there is a different part of the site the 'gear exchange' http://www.wanderthe...-gear-exchange/

Not sure how to price a project like yours but I am sure someone will take the torch. Looking forward to seeing you awesome truck with the new camper.

Side note: what brakes do you run on your tundra. Was coming down a steep trail today and was full on the brakes and still moving a bit, not the funnest way to travel. Was not full puckers but defiantly a sign to redo the brake before winter. Let me know what you are running for brakes if you have a chance. - Tim

My youtube channel about my Four Wheel Camper - https://www.youtube.com/c/timmorrissey

All about my camper - https://www.tgmorrissey.com/camper

Item I used in my build- http://bit.ly/TGMorrisseyParts

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: FWCFour wheel camper, flatbed, grandby, 2005 toyota, 2005 tundra, 2005 tundra trd

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users