• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SCHawk

SCHawk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 02:58 PM

The Peavine Pickers will be playing at the Mizpah in Tonopah this Saturday, the 10th. Well worth a stop.

#2 SCHawk

SCHawk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 03:35 PM

OK!
So we stumbled upon the Peavine Pickers at the Mizpah in Tonopah. We had planned to disperse outside of town but we had been on the road for a month, just left 106 degrees in Death Valley, AND were a bit overdue for a real shower. I was reluctant as I love the HAWK and hate staying in hotels but...my husband was correct....I needed a break.
Again, I was reluctant as there was a bar and slots and music scheduled, and I thought it would be noisy. Not so, it is a very friendly low key place. And, to sweeten the deal, we had the room right over the neon sign, how cool?
But, wow those Peavine Pickers from Smokey Valley, A group of friends and family who have been playing together for 15 years.
Excellent voices and musicians. So, if you are planning a trip to that area, call the Mizpah and arrange your trip for when they will be playing. b

#3 Edgewood

Edgewood

• Members
  • 206 posts
  • LocationBellingham WA

Posted 08 November 2018 - 03:46 AM

Sounds like a fun road trip and great musical find that you had. The very definition of serendipity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users