• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#11 Happyjax

Happyjax

• Members
  • 1,442 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 22 November 2018 - 08:48 PM

Yes I am thankful for all I have and hope everyone has a terrific Thanksgiving.

P.S.

Save room for pie!

2018 Ford F-250. Customized Bundutec Sable :)

#12 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,256 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 22 November 2018 - 09:34 PM

There is always room for pie :)

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#13 Foy

Foy

Resident Geologist

• Members
  • 1,294 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 22 November 2018 - 10:25 PM

Except for alice. Took three hours to get a honeybaked ham. 

The Honeybaked Ham store is across a 4-lane boulevard from my office here in Raleigh, NC.  Three times each year it's the scene of "Hamageddon", as what appears to be tens of thousands of blatant carnivores arrive a day or two before Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter to pick up hams.  Off-duty policemen and deputies directing traffic and enforcing a measure of civility in the lot and in the line, cars parked all up and down side streets, and my personal favorite--large illuminated signs on the boulevard's sidewalks in each direction stating "Ham pickup.  Expect delays.  No left turn".

It's been a fine Thanksgiving: Up at 0430, couple of hours of coffee and quiet reading time, fiddlin' with the new (to me) F150 and utility trailer airing up, etc for tomorrow morning's trip to the Blue Ridge, a noontime pig-out, and a food-induced 1 hour coma on the couch. A load of well-seasoned oak and hickory firewood on the trailer on the the way up, fourteen feet of Fraser fir Christmas cheer coming back. As an added bonus, we're taking the 5 and 3 year-old grandchildren and will thus bring the 3rd generation to Garry Henson & Family's Christmas Tree Farm in Boone, NC to select and cut two Christmas trees--a big 'un for our sunken den and a normal one for the kids' house.  An obligatory visit to the Mast General Store in Valle Crucis, NC to fill a 1 lb bag with candy is on the agenda, too. Add a couple of big fires in the stone fireplace, s'mores by the hearth, some cooking with the kids "helping", and some target practice with the boy with the new slingshot, and you've got a certain sort of redneck nirvana going on.  We love it.

It's been a fine year.  Hoping for the best for all WTW'ers.

Foy

Edited by Foy, 22 November 2018 - 10:26 PM.

#14 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,256 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 23 November 2018 - 06:08 AM

Hamageddon,......... Julie is still laughing!

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#15 Advmoto18

Advmoto18

• Members
  • 1,083 posts
  • LocationCoastal Low Country, SC

Posted 23 November 2018 - 02:22 PM

A day late Happy Thanksgiving to all!

We wandered over to a friends house on the Intracoastal Waterway north of Charleston.

20 people and enough food for 40!

One lady brought 6 made from scratch pies.  She even shucked the pecans for the bourbon chocolate pecan pieI I sampled them all and couldn't move for hours.

2018-11-22-12-53-06-HDR.jpg

South Carolina Low Country.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users