• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#21 DavidGraves

DavidGraves

• Members
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 03:24 PM

Hi Bailey

Where did you find the adapter for PVC fittings to the water can ?

Many thanks

David Graves

#22 Mighty Dodge Ram

Mighty Dodge Ram

• Members
  • 1,003 posts
  • LocationClose to the edge...

Posted 03 January 2019 - 04:56 PM

Yes...pics of it set up with a can, please.
Richard
1996 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4, lightly lifted, ARB bumper/Warn winch, BFG AT/KO2, Snugtop shell. SOLD! But not forgotten!
2002 Chevy 2500HD XC LB 6.0L 4X4, Leer Hi-Rise shell, completely stock...for now!

#23 BaileyJ

BaileyJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • LocationWestminster, CO

Posted 03 January 2019 - 09:23 PM

Hi Bailey

Where did you find the adapter for PVC fittings to the water can ?

Many thanks

David Graves

Yes...pics of it set up with a can, please.

I purchased the PVC parts at the local Ace Hardware.  Ended up drilling a hole in the can while mounted in the AT overland can holder.  I don't have a parts list for the PVC components but I remember it costing around $8 total for the fittings and rubber washers.  

#24 DavidGraves

DavidGraves

• Members
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 09:37 PM

Thanks

I am just not familiar with the fittings to connect to a plastic water container like that....handy.

And how in the wold did you do it thru the can carrier hole ?

Does it leak ?

David Graves

#25 BaileyJ

BaileyJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 11:25 PM

Thanks

I am just not familiar with the fittings to connect to a plastic water container like that....handy.

And how in the wold did you do it thru the can carrier hole ?

Does it leak ?

David Graves

The scepter water can has a large opening up top which you can fit your arm through.  It's great for cleaning and gave me access to secure the PVC fitting.  Rubber washers were used both inside and out as well as thread sealant.  Absolutely zero leaks.

Note: Everything was installed on the truck.  I didn't remove the can as the PVC fitting would NOT fit through the hole in the AT overland carrier. 

#26 DavidGraves

DavidGraves

• Members
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 12:24 AM

Yep...I noticed that you will not be removing the can from the bracket....maybe create a fabric cover for it to avoid UV damage to your $80 water can.

Thanks Bailey !

#27 penner

penner

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 03:02 AM

Hey Bailey. Like the idea of the fitting on the water can. Our local Princess Auto sells that can for under $50 (cdn) so I might just have to rig one up. Thanks. 

#28 Mighty Dodge Ram

Mighty Dodge Ram

• Members
  • 1,003 posts
  • LocationClose to the edge...

Posted 04 January 2019 - 04:06 PM

Thanks for the replies.
Richard
1996 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4, lightly lifted, ARB bumper/Warn winch, BFG AT/KO2, Snugtop shell. SOLD! But not forgotten!
2002 Chevy 2500HD XC LB 6.0L 4X4, Leer Hi-Rise shell, completely stock...for now!

#29 CougarCouple

CougarCouple

• Members
  • 1,376 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 04 January 2019 - 04:20 PM

It's a little heavy with both panels and the track system.  The roof was empty up top so it came with light-duty gas struts.

If I remember correctly, juniper overland said I could upgrade to the 60lb struts without issues.  It'll probably come down the road once I get tired of putting some muscle into lifting the roof.  A battery upgrade will happen first

Thanks!
-Bailey

Russ, I have full tracks, two bars and a 150 watt panel on the Bobcat. I believe Marty put 40# struts on the camper. Very doable.

Well that's good to hear, don't know why I had not thought of a change of lift assist. Thanks for the response from you both.

Russ
F250 extended cab, Cougar from ATC. You guys rock thank you!

#30 BaileyJ

BaileyJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 10:38 PM

Yep...I noticed that you will not be removing the can from the bracket....maybe create a fabric cover for it to avoid UV damage to your $80 water can.

Thanks Bailey !

I'm not too worried about UV damage as these were built to last.  If the color fades it won't bother me.  Didn't have to pay $80

http://lexingtoncont...er-can-20l-tan/

Hey Bailey. Like the idea of the fitting on the water can. Our local Princess Auto sells that can for under $50 (cdn) so I might just have to rig one up. Thanks. 

This site has some good prices

http://lexingtoncont...bigcommerce.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users