Hallmark Everest EXC

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 LosAngeles

LosAngeles

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 18 September 2019 - 04:14 AM

Update - getting ready to order ours in October 2019.

200 watts (2 x 100 w) of lithium battery, 360 watts solar panels on the roof. Grape is the brand if i recall

will carry Honda 2200i generator, and will have AC on roof. Hope to not use it too much. 

any other Hallmark owners care to share their must have options?

:-)

#22 campingken

campingken

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 12:52 AM

Have you looked at a Northstar TC 850 popup? They are self contained and have very loyal customer base.

#23 LosAngeles

LosAngeles

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 12:58 AM

Have you looked at a Northstar TC 850 popup? They are self contained and have very loyal customer base.

I forget the list of reasons but Hallmark will so specific custom options for us, and has thinks that we want. We are set on Hallmark. 😁

#24 Bigfoot

Bigfoot

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 22 September 2019 - 10:44 PM

I loved Hallmark’s buying process and commitment to schedule. Their basic product is very good and they will work with you at customization. It was interesting to wander around their factory while our camper was being installed. I was not so taken with their installation mistakes, detail errors and generic (cheap) component choices. Follow-up on some problems was difficult. Like all businesses they have their bad days and staffing issues. Know what you want and take nothing for granted. 

2014 Ram 2500 Laramie 4x4 CTD, Crew Cab, 8' box, Hallmark Guanella 

#25 LosAngeles

LosAngeles

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 22 September 2019 - 10:53 PM

Because we are about to order a Hallmark, new.... I hope you would share a few more specific details?

(you) installation mistakes

You mean while being installed on your truck? or - ?

(you) detail errors

what sort of detail errors did you have?

As we live quite a ways away - not easy to fly or drive there during the build... how can i keep track of the build? Perhaps pics being taken and emailed? although not sure what level of detail I'd be able to see from cell phone snaps...

(you) and generic (cheap) component choices

As we are specifying a specific fridge, Truma Combi Plus for heat and hot water, ..... other than, say, kitchen faucet.... what sort of component did you think was cheap?

I have heard about 92% positive comments about Hallmark overall build quality, FWIIW..... very generally speaking. I am with you, though, that the details are key....

thanks! :-)

I loved Hallmark’s buying process and commitment to schedule. Their basic product is very good and they will work with you at customization. It was interesting to wander around their factory while our camper was being installed. I was not so taken with their installation mistakes, detail errors and generic (cheap) component choices. Follow-up on some problems was difficult. Like all businesses they have their bad days and staffing issues. Know what you want and take nothing for granted. 

#26 Bigfoot

Bigfoot

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 26 September 2019 - 05:42 AM

Because we are about to order a Hallmark, new.... I hope you would share a few more specific details? 

Installation mistakes: 

(1) The Torklift AnchorGuard turnbuckles were assembled incorrectly by Hallmark which caused them to come loose. One loosened so much it fell off in the first 500 miles from the factory. Hallmark also purposely reversed the front and rear turnbuckles because they “worked better that way.” I contacted Torklift and they diagnosed the problem, sent me two replacements that had been damaged, provided detailed directions on proper assembly, and checked back to make sure everything worked. 

(2) Hallmark installed Happijac front tiedowns which included bumpers to align the front of the camper with the truck bed. Unfortunately they neglected to allow enough spacing for the camper’s battery compartment flange which rubbed and damaged the front of my truck bed. 

Detail errors: 

(1) Several minor adds agreed on were forgotten. A couple were taken care of during installation whereas the rest were sort of covered after reminders. Also, they added the radio which we specifically asked to be deleted. 

(2) Some work was sloppy with screws missing their mark. Shelves in one cabinet were installed without any restraint so fell off after a few bumps. The flush solar panels are coming undone and there are exposed wires that should have been covered. 

(3) The limit protection on the automated lift top did not work. The tank heaters and gray water drain were not described during orientation which caused problems when I misunderstood how they worked. 

Generic components: 

(1) Most of the plastic parts (water valve, screen door latch, door holder, outside shower, dinette table mount, Venetian blind caps) have failed during 4 years. They are inexpensive (if annoying) to replace but could have been much better quality. I have also replaced a couple of the roof latches which are thin metal and easily damaged by tree limbs. 

(2) Drawers are friction and are retained by notches which do not hold on bumpy roads. That is simple but ineffective construction. RVs of this price should have slides and secure marine latches. 

(3) Controls and indicators are basic and mostly unlabeled. Rocker switches are far too easy to accidentally hit. The tank levels are highly inaccurate. The thermostat is a basic residential type that is annoying to use in an RV. 

(4) The Euro-style Dometic sink and range are fine although the little caps are prone to fall off and are difficult to find replacements. Keep some glue handy. 

(5) Thin, single-pane glass windows are major heat leaks. Hallmark provides some snap-on fabric covers but those are awkward to put on and remove. They did not want to install Euro-style insulated windows with integrated blinds. 

Hallmark has a solid product and with a little more attention to detail could be outstanding. Hope that helps. 

2014 Ram 2500 Laramie 4x4 CTD, Crew Cab, 8' box, Hallmark Guanella 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Hallmark, Everest, EXC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users