• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 J_gally88

J_gally88

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 December 2018 - 07:33 PM

Hello everyone! Hoping some more experienced heads can help me out here.
I’m planning a massive trip to South America starting in feb. I’m torn between the 2 listed trucks above. Both can be pick up from between $6000 to $9000 ,
tundra- will need new shocks , springs and probably sway bar but it’s abit small for those tight towns and trails , parts and servicing sounds like will be less of a hassle than a ford down in South America and from reports they are more reliable and then there is the payload factor that pritty much limits me to a fwc camper
F250- less mods required . Can pick and use any type of camper. Not sure about parts and services down south. Abit bigger and takes up more room
Thoughts and comments will be deeply appreciated

#2 veryactivelife

veryactivelife

• Members
  • 188 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 28 December 2018 - 10:49 PM

You don't mention the model year for these trucks. US diesel trucks have required low sulfur fuel since around 2006 which I think is still unavailable once you get beyond Mexico. It's supposed to be available in all of Mexico by now, but not sure you can count on it. Starting in 2010 US diesel trucks also require DEF. 

Dean and Mary
2015 RAM 2500 Cummins with 2015 Four Wheel Campers Hawk flatbed

VeryActiveLife on Facebook, instagram & YouTube

#3 J_gally88

J_gally88

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 December 2018 - 07:44 AM

I read that too. I was looking at a 2000-2005 4.7l tundra or a 96-97 f25 7.3l powerstoke (older shape) something around $6 to 9k
Looks like there is a few in that price range
Prob going to need to do a timing belt change if I go a tundra .
Man I’m torn.
Coming from Aus I’m going to get smashed changing my money to USD.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users