Photo
- - - - -

Grandby Shell build, it takes a Village, a bit more install info, Zero Declination drop down shower curtain

Solar LiFePo4 12v system Storage Front Dinette Fan upgrade Rear camera Table Galley Bed

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#21 Stokeme

Stokeme

• Members
  • 373 posts
  • LocationNorCal

Posted 10 June 2019 - 06:52 PM

Added this switch to the galley cabinet to control power to pump as needed

Attached Thumbnails

• CD3D94B0-BCA0-41DE-8682-BED607BC285E.jpeg

#22 Stokeme

Stokeme

• Members
  • 373 posts
  • LocationNorCal

Posted 10 June 2019 - 07:01 PM

Grandby Shell Lite version, aka my best stab at a Sprinter Van substitute (happy life/happy wife). After 40 years, of tent camping, a heated place to make coffee was a big first step.

Attached Thumbnails

• 9F3389DA-8C4C-4588-91CF-A69CAEB36726.jpeg

Edited by Stokeme, 10 June 2019 - 11:53 PM.

#23 longhorn1

longhorn1

Ouch, that stings!

• Members
  • 2,826 posts
  • LocationCarmel, Indiana

Posted 11 June 2019 - 01:22 AM

Nice job, happy camping.

http://texaslonghorns01.blogspot.com/

Ford F-250 Long bed, 2014 Grandby

#24 Vic Harder

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric

• Site Team
  • 4,898 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 11 June 2019 - 02:47 AM

attachicon.gif0E971C29-8F7E-4A9A-B42C-9AA3EE1408DE.jpeg

Drawers constructed of Hardrock Maple ply purchased from FWC. 4’x8’ sheet was $117 when I bought it last Fall. It is what they predominately use for their interior cabinetry. When drawer hardware gets attached I will take a quick pic. I purchased (cabinet) slam latches & (drawer) push button, overhead airline type, locking latches. Couch frame aluminum stability supports were custom fabricated.

This is looking very good indeed, and inspires me to maybe find someone who does cabinet work to help me with my new build.

I am puzzled by the dead space between the drawers.  What are your plans for that?

#25 Happyjax

Happyjax

• Members
  • 1,442 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 11 June 2019 - 11:12 AM

Impressive :)

2018 Ford F-250. Customized Bundutec Sable :)

#26 Happyjax

Happyjax

• Members
  • 1,442 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 11 June 2019 - 11:35 AM

I do have a query.... Do you have a 100AH battery in parallel to a 50AH battery? I see one is Lifepo4. Curious about that configuration.....

2018 Ford F-250. Customized Bundutec Sable :)

#27 Stokeme

Stokeme

• Members
  • 373 posts
  • LocationNorCal

Posted 11 June 2019 - 03:58 PM

Hey Vic ... in lieu of drawers we initially had 2 Rubbermaid tubs with a large, bathroom sized, trash receptacle that fit snugly between the tubs. It carried overflow kitchen & cooking accessories. It morphed into an specific tote for cooking needs outside. We do all cooking outdoors, except for morning coffee, if possible. After the drawers were finished it luckily still fit perfectly. The drawer size was patterned off the tubs so it makes some sense. It was going to continue having the same function, but, during our latest outing (FWC NorCal Rally, extended, great time, great folks) it became our dirty clothes basket. It worked really well for that & it might well remain a laundry basket.

Edited by Stokeme, 11 June 2019 - 06:43 PM.

#28 Stokeme

Stokeme

• Members
  • 373 posts
  • LocationNorCal

Posted 11 June 2019 - 04:31 PM

My Batteries are both Bluetooth LiFePo4. Made by StarkPower, now defunct, they have internal Bluetooth monitoring capability with proprietary App. They are run in parallel, as are the 2 flex panels on my roof, which are mounted on an aluminum tube frame, secured to my Yakima tracks. The BT monitoring is awesome. I can see SOC, voltage, resting/charging, & even individual cell specs. My Victron controller also has internal Bluetooth with App. It seems there are less Bluetooth capable batteries, on the market now, not sure why. Would like a small one for my fishing canoe. LiFeBlue is one company offering this capability. I talked to the “owner” on the phone, he knows his product. But now only produces 100aH & above. Check with the Battery supplier to see if they can be run in parallel, with their own product, some can not, or importantly with another supplier’s product. I am no expert, it would pay to put in the needed research. It is now difficult to find Batteries smaller than 100aH in size, especially, not priced upward at a premium.

A caveat here ... I do have a concern about my Battery App. With StarkPower out of business, how long will the App be live & functioning? Since it is on my phone, & App’s can transfer from old phone to new phone, is that like forever basically?

Edited by Stokeme, 11 June 2019 - 05:09 PM.

#29 PaulT

PaulT

Need gumbo

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
  • LocationHillsboro, Oregon

Posted 11 June 2019 - 08:16 PM

For smaller LiFePO4 batteries, consider the following:

bioenno batteries. 3aH to 50 aH plus and solar charge controllers for LiFePO4
https://www.bioennopower.com/

Thornwave.Bluetooth shunt/battery monitor
https://www.thornwav...-dc-power-meter

PWRBox by Powerwerx
https://powerwerx.co...-portable-power

I bought the PWRBox with 30 aH Bioenno battery, and appropriate AC charger & mppt charge controller. I’ve had it only a short time so can’t speak to longevity. However, in addition to powering my ham radio & charging various USB devices, I’m making appropriate changes to the camper to allow it to be backup power for the fridge if the camper batteries are too low at night.

I don’t have the Thornwave monitor yet but thinking about it.

Paul
I thought getting old would take longer.

#30 Stokeme

Stokeme

• Members
  • 373 posts
  • LocationNorCal

Posted 12 June 2019 - 03:11 PM

The PWRBox looks interesting to use with my canoe, thanks for that link. Bioenno does carry several smaller LiFePo4 Batteries. I would love to have that BT capability though. I may end up getting their 40aH one to double with my canoe & a smaller playmate size Dometic 12v, specifically used as a freezer, for long US travel.

Photo below is my sink drain & water tank fill. I chose a circular fill to be able to use a 4” hole saw. Cutting a rectangle with a saw seemed problematic. I actually prefer the circular version as it is simpler, more compact & is made of a much heavier duty composite.

Attached Thumbnails

• 13C5ECD8-6ED4-4194-A50C-748DA9934E8D.jpeg

Edited by Stokeme, 12 June 2019 - 03:17 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Solar, LiFePo4, 12v system, Storage, Front Dinette, Fan upgrade, Rear camera, Table, Galley, Bed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users