• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 JoeKan

JoeKan

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 20 January 2019 - 03:51 AM

Here's a picture of my first trip out with my 67 NCO this past summer. I took the camper off and rolled it in the garage at the beginning of winter but I have been using my trailer around the house and last Thursday I moved my daughter to college with it. As my wife and I were heading home, the trailer had a blow-out on I-70 just west of Topeka. I didn't have a jack or spare so I unhooked it along the highway and planned on coming back the next day to get. Well, the weather was awful on Friday (4" of rain and freezing tempts. at night)  so I didn't get back out there until today. (Trailer was about 1 1/2 hours from my house). I drove all the way out there only to find out that someone wanted this trailer more than I did because there wasn't any sign of it. So I called the Highway Patrol and asked if they hauled it away and they didn't have any reports of it. So...someone got a very nice 3/4 ton truck bed trailer and I'm out $450. 

I guess I'll stew for awhile and then start looking for another trailer. I've already forgiven the person(s) who stole it and I hope he/she/it enjoys it. 

Thanks for letting me vent :)

Attached Thumbnails

• 1st Trip in Alaskan.jpg

Edited by JoeKan, 21 January 2019 - 10:12 PM.

1972 NCO Alaskan 10'

#2 ntsqd

ntsqd

Custom User Title

• Members
  • 2,879 posts
  • LocationNorth So.CA

Posted 20 January 2019 - 04:52 PM

Sorry for your loss. It may or may not be the dollars, but the sense of invasion is what gets to me the most.

When MISF & I built the "Cheap Utility Trailer" one of the features planned from the beginning was a removable coupler. Partly for theft prevention and partly so that different types of couplers could be used depending on the TR. No fancy extending/retracting tongue or anything, just coupler(s) mounted on 2" x .250" wall square tube that slide into a std receiver tube with a second hitch pin hole for more stability and less clanking.

Thom

Where does that road go?

#3 CougarCouple

CougarCouple

• Members
  • 1,376 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 20 January 2019 - 06:15 PM

Bummer for sure JoeKan
Start watching Craig’s list and OfferUp. You never know.
F250 extended cab, Cougar from ATC. You guys rock thank you!

#4 JoeKan

JoeKan

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 20 January 2019 - 09:13 PM

Thanks! Good ideas. 

1972 NCO Alaskan 10'

#5 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,255 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 20 January 2019 - 09:41 PM

Thanks for letting me vent :)

You're welcome. Here's wishing that trailer is a curse to all the outlaws that touch it. :)

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#6 JoeKan

JoeKan

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 21 January 2019 - 01:32 AM

Would I be able to use a flat trailer  for my camper instead of getting another truck bed trailer? If I could use a flat trailer, how would I build up the sides on it or would I have to do that? 

Thanks,.

Joe 

1972 NCO Alaskan 10'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users