• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JoeKan

JoeKan

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 22 January 2019 - 01:03 AM

Here's a picture of my first trip out with my 67 Alaskan this past summer. I took the camper off and rolled it in the garage at the beginning of winter but I have been using my trailer around the house and last Thursday I moved my daughter to college with it. As my wife and I were heading home, the trailer had a blow-out on I-70 just west of Topeka. I didn't have a jack or spare so I unhooked it along the highway and planned on coming back the next day to get.

Well, the weather was awful on Friday (4" of rain and freezing tempts. at night)  so I didn't get back out there until last Saturday. (Trailer was about 1 1/2 hours from my house). I drove all the way out there only to find out that someone wanted this trailer more than I did because there wasn't any sign of it.

So I called the Highway Patrol and asked if they hauled it away and they didn't have any reports of it. So...someone got a very nice 3/4 ton truck bed trailer and I'm out $450. 

I've already forgiven the person(s) who stole it and I hope he/she/it enjoys it. But I've been looking for a replacement and I don't see any "truck bed trailers"  for sale on the internet that are any good. Are there any other options? I was thinking of using an utility trailer or flat trailer but it doesn't have any sides on it. I don't know if that matters or not? 

I appreciate any help or suggestions. Thanks! Joe 

Attached Thumbnails

• 1st Trip in Alaskan.jpg

Edited by JoeKan, 22 January 2019 - 01:07 AM.

1972 NCO Alaskan 10'

#2 roverjohn

roverjohn

• Members
  • 129 posts
  • LocationKANSAS CITY

Posted 22 January 2019 - 04:17 PM

Sorry about your loss but you really can't leave anything on the highway these days. When I still had it I would carry my StarCraft Starblazer around in my drop axle 5x10 trailer I carry my lawn mowers in. It was great. The bottom of the CO section barely cleared the tailgate of my truck so the roof was below my cab when towing. Best part was I had a little 3.5'x5' porch and the height of the floor was only about 15" above the ground so just one small step instead of the three steps needed when the camper was in the truck. It also had a very hillbillyish look that I enjoyed. It was much easier to get it on and off the trailer than it was to do the same in the pickup.

Not having sides never seemed to matter and I had way more tie down points. 

Edited by roverjohn, 22 January 2019 - 04:20 PM.

#3 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,014 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 22 January 2019 - 06:27 PM

That bites. Make sure you get it out on as many websites as possible. Its possible someone may see it, its kinds of different. Expedition portal, pirate4x4 even has a stolen vehicle forum. 

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#4 Andy Douglass

Andy Douglass

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 12:46 AM

The picture is small...what is the make and model of the donor truck, along with the color. I would post the information and maybe a bigger picture on various sites, especially ones with a lot of members in the area where it was stolen. 

I get forgiving the person in order not to dwell on it, something I am not good at. But forgiveness doesn't mean they should get away with it because thieves don't stop until they are "incentivised" to stop by a nice serving of probation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users