5 replies to this topic

#1 cbadbox

cbadbox

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationSo Cal

Posted 04 February 2019 - 12:16 AM

Looking for suggestions on best fitment for my Toyota T-100, extra-cab, SR5, 4x4, its the V6. Am I correct that the FWC Kestrel would be a good match? The FWC website indicates the fleet but I think the Kestrel is a bit wider but still fits? I would be looking for a used pop up regardless of which model or brand I might 

be searching for.

I referenced this site a lot for info when rehabbing my Tiger GT pop top. It has moved on to another owner. Any input is appreciated!

#2 DavidGraves

DavidGraves

• Members
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 04 February 2019 - 12:51 AM

Howdy

We have carried our Hawk Shell model several years on our 97 T100.

Note that we travel as light as we can and the shell model has none of the built in of the fully built models.

Our use was lots of asphalt with careful rock roads in Baja...never any technical trail offroading.

We have transitioned the Hawk to a Chevy 3/4 ton just because it fell into our lives and because the Chevy is a dedicated camper vehicle for us.....frees up the Toyota for everyday stuff.

Hope this helps...your intended use will guide you,...

David Graves

#3 cbadbox

cbadbox

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationSo Cal

Posted 04 February 2019 - 03:47 PM

Thanks for your input David, Intended use would be similar to your experiences. I actually prefer the T-100 over a moderately modified 2015 Tacoma that it replaced. The T-100 is not as capable as the Tacoma off road, yet I prefer the larger interior, bigger bed and its  enough for my needs. My biggest criticism of the T-100 is the terrible turning radius.

It would be great to get some input from anyone that has experience with a T-100 and the weight of a fully outfitted ATC or FWC.

Mario

#4 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,589 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 04 February 2019 - 04:18 PM

Mario,

Here’s a link to a lengthy T100/pop up thread on EXPO. It’s worth the read.

https://expeditionpo...-a-review.1322/

I am haunted by waters

#5 DavidGraves

DavidGraves

• Members
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 04 February 2019 - 04:32 PM

Hi Mario

I should add that we have e rated tires and an abundance of caution in our road and off road driving habits.

David Graves

#6 cbadbox

cbadbox

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationSo Cal

Posted 05 February 2019 - 04:19 AM

Free Range I just finished that thread, great read and good to know the T-100 was up to the task. Thanks

Copy that David, appreciated

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users