14 replies to this topic

#1 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,335 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 04 February 2019 - 09:04 PM

Julie & I took off for the Northern California coast a couple of weekends ago. It was a spur of the moment trip and was a really good time. The story and photos are posted to our blog and can be found here -

Salt Point & Fort Ross - January 2019

Please enjoy! :)

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#2 longhorn1

longhorn1

Ouch, that stings!

• Members
  • 2,826 posts
  • LocationCarmel, Indiana

Posted 05 February 2019 - 12:15 AM

Julie & I took off for the Northern California coast a couple of weekends ago. It was a spur of the moment trip and was a really good time. The story and photos are posted to our blog and can be found here -

Salt Point & Fort Ross - January 2019

Please enjoy! :)

Fun little trip. There is something to be said about the Pacific Coast. Thanks for the ride along. jd

http://texaslonghorns01.blogspot.com/

Ford F-250 Long bed, 2014 Grandby

#3 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,293 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 05 February 2019 - 12:25 AM

Thanks Ski for this trip.We have enjoyed Fort Ross also.

On our first trip there,when our girls were very small you drove

Hwy 1 right past the main gate to the fort unlike now where the road has bypassed the fort.

I like the "new" road as it makes the fort quieter.

Next time we travel up that area we will include a couple nights at Salt Pt SP.

Another great story.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#4 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,018 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 05 February 2019 - 03:00 AM

Seward's folly. Bet the Russians would like to renegotiate that deal!

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#5 takesiteasy

takesiteasy

• Members
  • 2,588 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 05 February 2019 - 04:29 PM

Enjoyed your report- the coast is one of our favorite places. :)

2011 Tacoma AC TRD
ATC Custom Shell

travelswithrockythedog.blogspot.com

#6 Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

• Members
  • 2,762 posts
  • LocationNE Calif/NW Nev

Posted 05 February 2019 - 06:47 PM

Ahhhh, the Sonoma/Mendocino  coast-what can I say, plus a visit to Fort Ross to boot! Thanks for taking me back to some great memories of wandering on those beaches that started as a kid with my family and has continued 'till a few years ago.! Wow a new place to visit-Jenner Headlands Preserve.  In a simpler time, you could rough it on those beaches there w/o a lot of people to bother you to much, but today you need to manage it or it could still be lost! 

I still remember the fight against "Sea Ranch" to the north of there, over just who had a right to use the beaches-we the people or those with the money-old fights still going on today! I lived for a while (one winter/spring) in a   small rented summer cabin at Jenner by the sea, while I got myself together before I  returned to school.  Good memories those were, so thanks again guys!  Time to head back :D !

Smoke

Smokecreek1:99F1504x4with05Granby

#7 Cayuse

Cayuse

• Members
  • 771 posts
  • LocationMesa, AZ

Posted 05 February 2019 - 10:09 PM

Thanks for sharing.  Stayed overnight at Salt Point a couple years ago and got poured on.  Would like to go back and have weather like you had!

2002 Grandby, 2008 Tundra Double Cab
Off Road Utility Trailer
Not enough time to go exploring.

#8 Andy Douglass

Andy Douglass

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 02:27 AM

Did you see the peach pits? On the bluff south of Stump Beach, there is a large quantity of old peach pits, as though a ton of peaches rotted there many many years ago. Last I heard, no one knew the exact story of how they got there.

#9 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,335 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 03:44 AM

Did you see the peach pits? On the bluff south of Stump Beach, there is a large quantity of old peach pits, as though a ton of peaches rotted there many many years ago. Last I heard, no one knew the exact story of how they got there.

something to investigate :)

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#10 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,335 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 08:46 PM

Fun little trip. There is something to be said about the Pacific Coast. Thanks for the ride along. jd

John, you are most welcome! Thank you for your kind comment. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users