Photo
- - - - -

Anyone with a Grandby Flatbed in the SW?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 dirtbag

dirtbag

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 05:53 AM

Hey everyone,

Completely new member here. This is my first post. I've been lurking hard and going through all the old threads trying to learn as much as possible.

I'm hoping someone has a Grandby (or even Hawk) flat bed model somewhere in the south west that would be willing to give me and my girlfriend a brief tour.

We are seriously considering purchasing a new one but it feels so odd to make such a big purchase without seeing one in person.

The local dealer doesn't have any flat beds in stock.. the best I've done is step in a slide in Hawk model. I feel like I have a pretty good idea of what a Grandby flat bed will be like but nothing would beat stepping into one in person.

We live in San Diego and would go as far as Arizona, Central California or Southern Nevada to check one out.

Thanks,

Dom

#2 dirtbag

dirtbag

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 05:55 AM

Also, consider your FWC fridge stocked with beer for the effort. Cheers!

#3 longhorn1

longhorn1

Ouch, that stings!

• Members
  • 2,826 posts
  • LocationCarmel, Indiana

Posted 08 February 2019 - 11:55 AM

Hey everyone,

Completely new member here. This is my first post. I've been lurking hard and going through all the old threads trying to learn as much as possible.

I'm hoping someone has a Grandby (or even Hawk) flat bed model somewhere in the south west that would be willing to give me and my girlfriend a brief tour.

We are seriously considering purchasing a new one but it feels so odd to make such a big purchase without seeing one in person.

The local dealer doesn't have any flat beds in stock.. the best I've done is step in a slide in Hawk model. I feel like I have a pretty good idea of what a Grandby flat bed will be like but nothing would beat stepping into one in person.

We live in San Diego and would go as far as Arizona, Central California or Southern Nevada to check one out.

Thanks,

Dom

Dirtbag, if you aren't a member of Facebook Four Wheel Camper Owners you should join as this site can give you bigger FWC platform. WTW and FWC Facebook are great. jd

http://texaslonghorns01.blogspot.com/

Ford F-250 Long bed, 2014 Grandby

#4 Andy Douglass

Andy Douglass

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 05:56 PM

It is a big purchase. You might want to think about driving up to Woodland. Aside from getting to see the various models in the showroom, they gave us a little tour of the factory floor so we could see some of the construction process. 

#5 dirtbag

dirtbag

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 07:58 PM

It is a big purchase. You might want to think about driving up to Woodland. Aside from getting to see the various models in the showroom, they gave us a little tour of the factory floor so we could see some of the construction process. 

Good call, I may end up just doing this. I have 4 days off in the beginning of March where I wanted to check out a Grandby Flatbed in person and also do some truck camping.

Given the time of year, I wanted to do some desert camping so I figured if anyone in the Southern California, Arizona or even New Mexico area had a Grandby Flatbed I could see in person I could combo a trip to wherever they are with a camping adventure.

#6 dirtbag

dirtbag

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 07:59 PM

Dirtbag, if you aren't a member of Facebook Four Wheel Camper Owners you should join as this site can give you bigger FWC platform. WTW and FWC Facebook are great. jd

Thanks JD, I'll check it out

#7 So Cal Adventurer

So Cal Adventurer

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 08:25 AM

John Ashley (unsure his handle here) in the Four Wheel Owners Facebook group has a Grandby Flatbed in San Diego

Follow My Shenanigans: instagram.com/campermccampface

#8 pvstoy

pvstoy

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • LocationCarson City, NV

Posted 11 February 2019 - 04:01 PM

Over on The Portal there are some postings you can have a look at.  I'll add more if I see them.

https://www.expediti...ied-ram.163503/

https://www.expediti...ck-tray.190347/

If you want pictures of inside you can look at this one that was for sale.  Page 2 starts the inside.

https://www.expediti...edition.189834/

Edited by pvstoy, 11 February 2019 - 04:19 PM.

Patrick

2015 FWC Hawk Flatbed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users