• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#11 takesiteasy

takesiteasy

• Members
  • 2,588 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 18 February 2019 - 04:28 PM

I had no idea we were part of something larger. Interesting.

News to me also. Shows a side of forums I hadn't particularly thought about before- aggregators of data for advertisers. Not that I am surprised- seems that's the function of most online activities. As they say, if it's free, you are the product.

2011 Tacoma AC TRD
ATC Custom Shell

travelswithrockythedog.blogspot.com

#12 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,000 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 18 February 2019 - 04:29 PM

I joined at least one other forum on the list.

For the curious

http://rvlife.com/why-rv-life/

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#13 Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

• Members
  • 2,758 posts
  • LocationNE Calif/NW Nev

Posted 18 February 2019 - 04:42 PM

So I guess that is why some of the "RV Life " alerts show up in my inbox sometimes? I especially like "Trailer Life" :wacko: that highlights life in trailer parks. Yep I guess we are part of a larger RV community that sometimes seems to be counter to what we like to do-such is life.

Smoke

Smokecreek1:99F1504x4with05Granby

#14 Bill D

Bill D

• Members
  • 981 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posted 18 February 2019 - 10:13 PM

I guess we are part of a larger RV community that sometimes seems to be counter to what we like to do

I had to laugh a bit when I read this post on one of the sites regarding etiquette.  Keep in mind they were referring to an RV park:

Campfires that smoke up neighbors rigs and you can NEVER get that smell out! I do not think that fire pits, rigs etc. should be allowed at campsites!

----

I couldn't imagine camping without a campfire  :) and I personally enjoy the smell of campfire smoke.

#15 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,000 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 19 February 2019 - 12:27 AM

Hey Smoke, I have a subscription to Trailer Life! :)  

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#16 trikebubble

trikebubble

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 08:23 PM

I had to laugh a bit when I read this post on one of the sites regarding etiquette.  Keep in mind they were referring to an RV park:

Campfires that smoke up neighbors rigs and you can NEVER get that smell out! I do not think that fire pits, rigs etc. should be allowed at campsites!

----

I couldn't imagine camping without a campfire  :) and I personally enjoy the smell of campfire smoke.

Camping without a campfire?  So you haven't camped in the BC back country in the summer lately then?  It's just something we have gotten used to.

#17 Vic Harder

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric

• Site Team
  • 4,897 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 22 February 2019 - 04:40 PM

We picked up a Little Red Firepit for those (frequent) times when there are fire bans.

#18 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,534 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 22 February 2019 - 04:59 PM

We picked up a Little Red Firepit for those (frequent) times when there are fire bans.

That’s also what we use. It works nicely.

I am haunted by waters

#19 Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

• Members
  • 2,758 posts
  • LocationNE Calif/NW Nev

Posted 22 February 2019 - 05:45 PM

Hey Smoke, I have a subscription to Trailer Life! :)  

No disrespect meant  Craig :P ; I   also read/look at allot of those outdoor living type web sites because they do have lot's of info/tips on making things easier with keeping our rigs and outdoor lives  safer and more fun. Still, outdoor life without hearing generators (again no disrespect meant) is still what I want and enjoy best in life! I think my main point is that we all are connected to the wider world whether we like it or not, and that's why things like face book, twitter and even amazon scare many of us---like they seem know TO MUCH about us sometimes!  I like campfire smoke except when it blows in your eyes!

Smoke

Smokecreek1:99F1504x4with05Granby

#20 trikebubble

trikebubble

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 11:45 PM

We have one as well. Its a great little addition.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users