10 replies to this topic

#1 codename607

codename607

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 04 March 2019 - 03:46 PM

So I'm considering upgrading my current Tacoma to a Tundra but I'm keeping my Swift. Looking at the measurements and specs of the Raven my Swift should fit just fine but I haven't seen any pics of this. 

Does anyone have any info on this? 

I've noticed that the Raven and Swift have similar dimensions so that is a plus. 

The journey is the reward...

#2 CaptRussia253

CaptRussia253

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationEdgewood, WA

Posted 05 March 2019 - 03:11 AM

I seen someone put their Swift on a newer F150. It actually looked good. Made me think about buying a full size truck.

Why are you thinking about getting rid of the Tacoma? That's your second one in a few years haha.

2013 Nissan Frontier CC 4X4

OME HD front coils/shocks. OME/Dakar HD rear with Firestone airbags/cradles.

2017 FWC Swift Shell

Custom things and stuff.

#3 justbecause

justbecause

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 March 2019 - 12:33 PM

sell me your swift buy a hawk

#4 codename607

codename607

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 05 March 2019 - 12:53 PM

I seen someone put their Swift on a newer F150. It actually looked good. Made me think about buying a full size truck.

Why are you thinking about getting rid of the Tacoma? That's your second one in a few years haha.

Yeah you are right, I've only had this Tacoma for 13 months. Changing it out for another truck isn't my smartest decision but I'm really looking forward to more interior space. Also, my Tacoma is a manual and it's a pain driving it in traffic and off road. 

I'm still on the fence and I'm considering other full size trucks but we will see what I end up with. Depending on how much all this will cost I may keep the Tacoma. 

#5 Frstnflt

Frstnflt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 05 March 2019 - 04:05 PM

Same here. Taco just didn't have the power I wanted, wife wouldn't drive manual, and like having swift interior without clutter on the road. Giant cab helps. Diesel f-150 hauls it great and camper is nearly flush with sides. 

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0328.jpg
  • IMG_0332.jpg
  • IMG_0335.jpg

#6 codename607

codename607

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 05 March 2019 - 05:22 PM

Same here. Taco just didn't have the power I wanted, wife wouldn't drive manual, and like having swift interior without clutter on the road. Giant cab helps. Diesel f-150 hauls it great and camper is nearly flush with sides. 

Looks like a perfect combo. 

#7 trikebubble

trikebubble

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 06 March 2019 - 01:02 AM

Yeah you are right, I've only had this Tacoma for 13 months. Changing it out for another truck isn't my smartest decision but I'm really looking forward to more interior space. Also, my Tacoma is a manual and it's a pain driving it in traffic and off road. 

I'm still on the fence and I'm considering other full size trucks but we will see what I end up with. Depending on how much all this will cost I may keep the Tacoma. 

Well don't go taking Tundra's for a test drive then. The power is intoxicating. I used to drive an Xterra (which I really liked) and after having the Tundra (and Hawk) for over a year now, there is no way on this earth I'd go back to any "mid-size" truck. The interior space to stretch out, the power on hand, the stability in winds and when pulling out to pass big trucks, the power, less of a need to weigh and consider every power robbing pound added in the camper, the power of the 5.7V8.......did I mention the power yet?

On our 3 week trip North to Tuk last July we averaged 12mpg with a very fully loaded truck and camper. That was fine by me, especially after watching a few Lifestyle Overland videos and the way worse mileage they were getting on the same trip with a 4Runner towing an overland trailer.

Full size is just a no-brainer for me. So far I haven't found too many off-road tight places I can't force the Tundra in, and the on road manners and interior comfort are just perfect.

#8 CaptRussia253

CaptRussia253

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationEdgewood, WA

Posted 06 March 2019 - 05:07 AM

Love the look of the Swift on your F150. Did you have to add something to the bottom to fit the truck bed? 

2013 Nissan Frontier CC 4X4

OME HD front coils/shocks. OME/Dakar HD rear with Firestone airbags/cradles.

2017 FWC Swift Shell

Custom things and stuff.

#9 codename607

codename607

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 06 March 2019 - 02:02 PM

Well don't go taking Tundra's for a test drive then. The power is intoxicating. I used to drive an Xterra (which I really liked) and after having the Tundra (and Hawk) for over a year now, there is no way on this earth I'd go back to any "mid-size" truck. The interior space to stretch out, the power on hand, the stability in winds and when pulling out to pass big trucks, the power, less of a need to weigh and consider every power robbing pound added in the camper, the power of the 5.7V8.......did I mention the power yet?

On our 3 week trip North to Tuk last July we averaged 12mpg with a very fully loaded truck and camper. That was fine by me, especially after watching a few Lifestyle Overland videos and the way worse mileage they were getting on the same trip with a 4Runner towing an overland trailer.

Full size is just a no-brainer for me. So far I haven't found too many off-road tight places I can't force the Tundra in, and the on road manners and interior comfort are just perfect.

I'm going to test drive a Tundra today after work. Looking at a SR5 Crew Max for the time being. I like that the Limited and Platinums have heated and ventilated seats but the price is a lot more and I could add those options down the road. The one feature that I'm looking for is one with the 38 gallon tank. Currently my Tacoma will get me about 290 miles before the light comes on. 

I'm also going to consider other trucks but for now my direction is set to a Tundra.  

#10 Frstnflt

Frstnflt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 07 March 2019 - 01:28 AM

Love the look of the Swift on your F150. Did you have to add something to the bottom to fit the truck bed? 

Just a crude 3.5 inch platform, plywood, 2X4, plywood. Under $50 and 45 minutes. Eventually I want to fab a metal box with drawers. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users