• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Back2gas

Back2gas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 04:53 AM

Yes I've posted a few different questions regarding my Outfitter. 

Recently I took it off my truck and I'm considering making some changes.

Currently my Outfitter is fairly basic. Furnace, fridge and sink. There's no hot water or external shower source.

Kind or wondering how feasible and whether it's worth the effort to install and Hot Water heater and/ or at least an external shower. 

Any thoughts?

Has anyone added either?

Thanks

Edited by Back2gas, 11 March 2019 - 09:30 PM.

#2 ardvark

ardvark

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 07:03 PM

I don't have an Outfitter, but all water heater installations are done the same way (worked as a certified tech for decades). First off do a lot of planning. On any major mod the planning often takes me longer than the mod itself. The steps are all basic so if you can take a look at how any water heater is installed in an RV.

You will need to run a copper line and flare the ends to connect to a fitting somewhere that feeds off the tanks. I would go with simple propane lit manually pilot as then you will not need to run any 12-volts electric. Electric is more convenient and not two much more work.

The water heater also has to rest on something, normally in a cabinet so make sure you have enough room. You will be cutting an opening for the water heater through the sidewall of the camper.

Two water lines will need to be connected to the back of the water heater. You can do this with Sharkbites on 1/2" Pex so everything you need to do that can be purchased at Lowes or Home Depot. The water into the heater comes in at the bottom and the water out line at the top. Take a look at it online and see if you still have questions.

The instructions manuals to do this are online for both Suburban and Atwood and the steps are the camper for both, although dimensions are slightly different. 

#3 Back2gas

Back2gas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 09:30 PM

Ardvark thanks for info. I'll check out both Suburban and Atwood. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users