26 replies to this topic

#21 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,576 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 03 May 2019 - 12:30 AM

Well after all the responses I called FWC and had them add the 160 watt solar, I decided that this would be the way to go and with the input here it seems the setup I will have I can run the fridge, as for the heater, when we went to the FWC showroom the new heater was quite a bit quieter than the one in our "07" Hawk, good news only 8ish more weeks till it is ready!!

Excellent decision. You won’t regret it.

I am haunted by waters

#22 stoef

stoef

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 03:37 AM

How are the new fridge units and what does everyone recommend? I have a Norcold that came with my Hawk new in '05. It was great off propane but never good on 12v, even with the truck running. I have solar as well. It's finally died and I need to replace it. I want a 3-way and to be able to run it on 12v when going from point A to point B without draining the battery.  Any advice?

#23 silverstriketim

silverstriketim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationReno, Nevada

Posted 05 July 2019 - 05:42 AM

aa bnew camper (3).jpg

Picked up the new camper, very happy with the new look.

Edited by silverstriketim, 05 July 2019 - 05:44 AM.

#24 silverstriketim

silverstriketim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationReno, Nevada

Posted 05 July 2019 - 05:48 AM

Had to take it out too!!

Attached Thumbnails

• ab truck.jpg

#25 CougarCouple

CougarCouple

• Members
  • 1,376 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 05 July 2019 - 01:44 PM

Very nice silverstriketim, gunna provide many days and nites of smiles.

Russ
F250 extended cab, Cougar from ATC. You guys rock thank you!

#26 Vic Harder

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric

• Site Team
  • 4,950 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 05 July 2019 - 04:57 PM

How are the new fridge units and what does everyone recommend? I have a Norcold that came with my Hawk new in '05. It was great off propane but never good on 12v, even with the truck running. I have solar as well. It's finally died and I need to replace it. I want a 3-way and to be able to run it on 12v when going from point A to point B without draining the battery. Any advice?

off topic, but... in short, 3 way fridges are not good at running on 12v. get a good 2 way and run happily on solar

#27 muttmaster

muttmaster

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 07 July 2019 - 05:25 AM

Vic, FWC manual and everyone else also says 3 ways on DV is no good. I know my 3 way Dometic draws much amps, 10 or more. Have you tested it or know anyone who have throughly tested it? I like some data to tell me it is not worth making it work on DC as a backup or just using it on DC during the day for few hours. . I got 280 watts on roof to juice up two 75 ah AGM. What do I need to get by to use my 3 way on DC and how long can I run it on DC. While i shop for a ARB or other compressor fridge, just want to test the 3 way to make sure I truly need a compressor fridge as I do like my Dometic on propane.

Edited by muttmaster, 07 July 2019 - 06:27 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users