• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#51 buckland

buckland

• Members
  • 3,079 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 21 July 2019 - 04:40 PM

Presently up at Meat Cove, N tip of NS ...Best boondocks site ever... IMG_8575.JPG

Edited by buckland, 21 July 2019 - 04:41 PM.

2016 Duramax 2.8 Diesel long bed Colorado 4WD with 2011 Eagle

Lordwoodcraft  instagram        Rob
The only people who ever get anyplace interesting are the people who get lost.
Henry David Thoreau
"Work to achieve not to acquire"

#52 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,584 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 21 July 2019 - 04:48 PM

Cool site, and Kermit chairs to lounge in :)

I am haunted by waters

#53 smlobx

smlobx

Lost again

• Members
  • 1,529 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 22 July 2019 - 10:37 AM

Presently up at Meat Cove, N tip of NS ...Best boondocks site ever... attachicon.gifIMG_8575.JPG

Hope you get to try the clam chowder while you’re at Meat Cove...

Eddie
KO4CPL

Travel light. Travel far. Travel safe.

#54 kmcintyre

kmcintyre

• Members
  • 1,381 posts
  • LocationBoise, ID

Posted 22 July 2019 - 01:51 PM

We head that way soon!  Keep the reports coming!  Any "don't miss sights"?

Boise, ID

2022 Chevy 3500 HD

2023 FWC Flatbed Hawk

#55 penner

penner

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 27 July 2019 - 08:27 PM

Hey Rob. Just read some of your blog and see your second guessing Labrador. We just returned yesterday and took the Labrador route home. Glad I did it but wouldn't bother doing it again. It sure was a driving experience. Someone asked me if I got my satellite phone and when I asked where  they said "about 400 miles back". If I was you I would take more time in Nfld. So much more to see. Hoping to get back again. Enjoy your trip. PM me if you have any ????

#56 penner

penner

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 07 August 2019 - 12:01 AM

Just read your trip report on the TransLabrador highway Rob. Quite the stretch of road isn't it . We met 3 guys from Quebec that were doing it on mountain bikes when we were there. Now that would be a challenge!! Myself, I didn't find the driving that bad, just awful boring. Probably won't do the Labrador thing again but sure hope to get back to Nfld. Next time it would be the short ferry and spend our time mostly on the West side . 

#57 buckland

buckland

• Members
  • 3,079 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 08 August 2019 - 09:28 PM

I liked the road not boring to me as moss lichen water and spruce kept me happy. We had a lot of rain making the gravel in progress road a 6” deep slog fo a long time. Pot holes too. I found the Campbell in Yukon less work. I do agree though that Newfoundland has a lot of exploration potential. We will go back and ferry both ways. Wish there was a greater selection of seafood ... I mean I love fish and chips but halibut can be so incredible a few other ways. Cod too.

Henry David Thoreau

#58 klahanie

klahanie

• Validating
  • 932 posts
  • LocationSW BC

Posted 09 August 2019 - 03:58 AM

Have been following your blog also. Great stuff, thanks for the pics and write ups. Excited 'cause we're headed that way soon. Now you've got me wanting to drive the Trans Lab - even more ! The falls still look awesome. Another thing tho, we waited too long to see in their glory ...

I'm not going to to plan much for camp spots. We'll be in the maritimes mostly in Sept. so the park CGs should be quieter (or closed  :rolleyes:)  but I'm wondering what you think about finding "boondocking" sites on the fly ? Expect NL will be manageable, not sure about the rest.

Thanks.

#59 buckland

buckland

• Members
  • 3,079 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 09 August 2019 - 10:30 AM

There are many and the Newfoundlanders are still easy about it. Sad to see someone had abused that and left trash...we try to clean as we go but at times can't pick up everything left by others. One thing for sure there are a ton of gravel pits as that's how they made the roads every few miles it seems. Newfoundland is bigger than it seems due to the backtracking required to get up each peninsula. You will have a great time. 

Henry David Thoreau

#60 penner

penner

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 22 September 2019 - 10:20 PM

Have been following your blog also. Great stuff, thanks for the pics and write ups. Excited 'cause we're headed that way soon. Now you've got me wanting to drive the Trans Lab - even more ! The falls still look awesome. Another thing tho, we waited too long to see in their glory ...

I'm not going to to plan much for camp spots. We'll be in the maritimes mostly in Sept. so the park CGs should be quieter (or closed  :rolleyes:)  but I'm wondering what you think about finding "boondocking" sites on the fly ? Expect NL will be manageable, not sure about the rest.

Thanks.

Your probably not home yet , but how did you find the drive through Labrador? Is all the construction completed? LOL!!!! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users