Photo
- - - - -

BC This May...Can You Camp Outside of Campgrounds with FWC?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#11 Wallowa

Wallowa

Double Ought

• Members
  • 2,173 posts
  • LocationNE Oregon

Posted 13 April 2019 - 04:48 PM

One other thing, I understand the above quote but there really aren't a whole lot of roads branching off the Cassiar Hwy to explore and I know you mentioned perhaps only going as far as Mezadian. But if the weather is good you might just want to use the time needed to drive the hwy up and down for the experience and scenery - although the south end is blighted now with a major transmission line running thru the corridor.

Furthermore, despite with the devastating loss in Telegraph the drive in still has merit. And if there are any services offered there, they could sure use the tourist business.

Enjoy the trip !

Kal..thanks yet again...We currently are planning on driving the entire Cassiar and running it both directions is an option, or topping out at Watson Lake, and returning along AlCan...our plans will remain fluid...I will call RCMP in Dease to check on road into Telegraph and yes driving in is still on the books...Watson to Jasper on that loop is about 1K miles in either direction...

Hell we might hit a really cool spot and spend a week or two!  No cast in stone 'gotta-see-gotta-do's" on this trip and since in May we can expect some hiking or even driving options may be closed out by snow, mud or high water...

Phil

Ps...Yes I know it is "Kla" not Kal...  

Edited by Wallowa, 13 April 2019 - 04:51 PM.

#12 trikebubble

trikebubble

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 10:10 PM

Consider camping out at the viewpoint up at Salmon Glacier. We camped a night in Stewart (which was neat enough) and when we drove up to see the Salmon Glacier their was couple camped out up there. If I ever went back I'd stay up there for sure. The Cassiar Hwy was great, certainly worth traveling in one direction.

Consider a stop at Gitanyow to look at the totem poles, it is pretty magical spot. And we also really enjoyed stopping at Jade City to poke around. My Wife "geeked out" (in her own words) when she met a couple of the people from the tv show.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users