9 replies to this topic

#1 Vic Harder

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric

• Site Team
  • 4,897 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 19 April 2019 - 01:26 AM

The Truma Combi is a combined water heater and furnace.  It is reputed to be quieter than any other options, and the space of the unit is the same as an Attwood furnace alone.  

I've lucked out trying to find a reseller.  I contacted Truma, and they said that the sell to "RV builders only".

Can someone prove me wrong on that?  I would love to score one of these for my upcoming Puma/Grandy build.

#2 nevaska

nevaska

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 06:07 PM

I too would like to find a Truma dealer. I'm going to Europe for work in June and will look around there and report back if no options in NA.

#3 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,532 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 19 April 2019 - 10:42 PM

Vic, you might talk to a builder to see if they could order it for you. My guess is ATC would be more open to that than another builder. Worst that can happen is they say no.

I am haunted by waters

#4 Vic Harder

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric

• Site Team
  • 4,897 posts

Posted 20 April 2019 - 12:40 AM

Good thought!

#5 Bill D

Bill D

• Members
  • 981 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posted 20 April 2019 - 01:58 AM

They may require it to be installed by an authorized dealer as well.  Shouldn't be too difficult to find out.

#6 DanoT

DanoT

• Members
  • 278 posts
  • LocationSun Peaks, B.C.

Posted 20 April 2019 - 04:54 AM

The difficulty in finding where/how to purchase a Truma only serves to illustrate the difficulty that you will have finding someone who can do service, repairs, parts.

1991 Dodge CTD, owned since new. 2011 Coyote RV Phoenix pop-up camper, custom made for the Canadian winter.

#7 PaulT

PaulT

Need gumbo

• Members
  • 2,603 posts
  • LocationHillsboro, Oregon

Posted 20 April 2019 - 05:21 AM

There are dealers in Gladstone and Sandy Oregon.  The Gladstone dealer is an Airstream dealer.

Dealer search link

https://www.truma.ne...-combi-eco-plus

Paul

I thought getting old would take longer.

#8 Vic Harder

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric

• Site Team
  • 4,897 posts

Posted 20 April 2019 - 06:53 AM

The difficulty in finding where/how to purchase a Truma only serves to illustrate the difficulty that you will have finding someone who can do service, repairs, parts.

Given that I'm gutting and building my second camper, I'm not too worried about servicing.  Parts, yes.  Good point.

#9 Deur

Deur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 02:12 AM

Overland Explorer (https://overlandex.com/contact-us) uses Truma in their builds.  Red Deer, so nice and close. Not sure if they sell to general public.

#10 RAYYOU

RAYYOU

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationBeaumont, Texas

Posted 14 July 2019 - 02:20 PM

You may want to talk to Rory at Bundutec USA. He offers them as an option on his truck campers. The one in our camper is so quite that you have to put your hand in front of a vent to know it’s running. It’s very efficient also.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users