• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#11 bfh4n

bfh4n

• Members
  • 235 posts
  • LocationLovingston, Virginia

Posted 27 April 2019 - 03:56 PM

The good thing about the drain as FWC configured it is that it comes right off the very bottom of the water tank, so it will drain the tank almost completely. The reason I want to connect a hose is not to have pressurized water outside (although that might be good, too), but just so that when I drain the tank, the water doesn't puddle right below the door. The way that I disinfect the tank requires filling and draining several times to flush out the disinfectant. All that water draining on the ground forms a big puddle that I have to slosh through as I go in and out of the camper. I figured that, since I'm replacing the valve anyway, why not be able to attach a hose?

Even without pump pressure, the drain faucet is a great place to rinse your hands, fill a dog bowl, etc.

Now, I'm wondering if I would use pressurized water outside enough to add another faucet...

- Bernard

2014 silver Fleet front-dinette

2007 Tacoma Access Cab 4WD TRD V6 6-speed

#12 Vic Harder

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric

• Site Team
  • 4,962 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 27 April 2019 - 06:31 PM

The good thing about the drain as FWC configured it is that it comes right off the very bottom of the water tank, so it will drain the tank almost completely. 

Even without pump pressure, the drain faucet is a great place to rinse your hands, fill a dog bowl, etc.

Now, I'm wondering if I would use pressurized water outside enough to add another faucet...

- Bernard

Bernard,

Yup, I just fine the amount/speed of drain frustratingly slow.  As for another faucet... that's possible too... you would have to be ok with drilling another big hole in the camper.  The rest is easy, just install a "T" to feed the extra faucet from the line that already goes to the internal faucet.

#13 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,020 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 27 April 2019 - 11:04 PM

Most of the time I'm too lazy to open the door and turn on the pump but you got me thinking. I think I"d need a one way valve for what I'm thinking though. 

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#14 pvstoy

pvstoy

• Members
  • 2,770 posts
  • LocationCarson City, NV

Posted 27 April 2019 - 11:32 PM

I use a blow out attachment that screws to the hose water port.  I modified it to have a hose connection for my air compressor hose.  I just turn the pressure regulator to around 35 PSI and that speeds up the draining.  Even all the lines at faucets and cassette toilet on the other side of the camper.  Crack open and the air will remove the water, even through the drain.

On the outside I just use 5 gallon paint buckets switching them before they are full, then watering trees with the waste.

https://www.google.c...chrome&ie=UTF-8

Patrick

2015 FWC Hawk Flatbed

#15 Vic Harder

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric

• Site Team
  • 4,962 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 05:33 AM

I use a blow out attachment that screws to the hose water port.  I modified it to have a hose connection for my air compressor hose.  I just turn the pressure regulator to around 35 PSI and that speeds up the draining.  Even all the lines at faucets and cassette toilet on the other side of the camper.  Crack open and the air will remove the water, even through the drain.

On the outside I just use 5 gallon paint buckets switching them before they are full, then watering trees with the waste.

https://www.google.c...chrome&ie=UTF-8

This is a great idea.... thanks!

#16 patrkbukly

patrkbukly

• Members
  • 224 posts
  • LocationFairplay, CO

Posted 28 April 2019 - 12:33 PM

Isn't it way faster to drain the tanks (fresh water and hot water) by turning on the water pump, opening the kitchen faucet and opening the kitchen sink drain plug?

#17 Vic Harder

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric

• Site Team
  • 4,962 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 08:38 PM

Isn't it way faster to drain the tanks (fresh water and hot water) by turning on the water pump, opening the kitchen faucet and opening the kitchen sink drain plug?

For most folks, I would think so.  I don't have a sink inside, just a nice faucet for filling up my portable wash basin and water bottles.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users