15 replies to this topic

#11 patrkbukly

patrkbukly

• Members
  • 224 posts
  • LocationFairplay, CO

Posted 23 April 2019 - 09:24 PM

Thanks again ckent,

I spoke with FWC and they confirmed as you said that I could easily go to 40 pounders, Suspa brand that are 36" open with 19" closed dimension. They sell them for $50 each but he was honest enough when I asked that I could find them online cheaper and i did;

https://www.amazon.c...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

On another note; I see you are in Solvang. That is a beautiful place. Went to the motorcycle museum a few years ago and stayed a few nights. REally beautiful. 

#12 ckent323

ckent323

• Members
  • 1,226 posts
  • LocationSolvang, CA

Posted 24 April 2019 - 06:59 PM

patrkbukly,

My path to here after high school was from Glendora to Newport Beach to Costa Mesa to Santa Barbara to Goleta to Solvang.

Solvang was a lower cost bedroom community for Santa Barbara/Goleta and I bought a house here when there was only one local winery, numerous Danish shops and bakeries in town including a couple of smorgasbords and steak houses.  There were only a few "nice" places to dine back then.

Most everything closed up by 6 PM in those days and even finding a place to eat after 8 PM was tough.  The local pizza joint (Round Table - now long gone) would stop taking phone orders after they got busy on Friday and Saturday nights (bad move for long term survival - that angered a lot of locals). 

Little did I know this would become a high end destination city with great wineries, great places to eat and good entertainment as well.  There are more than a dozen very good restaurants, something like 70 wineries, 3 micro breweries and 3 micro distilleries in the Santa Ynez valley now.  Total population among the 5 cities and towns of Buellton, Solvang, Santa Ynez, Los Olivos  and Ballard is still only around 20,000 people. And yes, the property values have gone up stratospherically since 1979.

I have lived here for 39-1/2 years and have not found a good reason to move yet.  ;-)

I hope your strut upgrade will work well for you.

Craig

Edited by ckent323, 24 April 2019 - 07:00 PM.

1993 Dodge Cummins W-250 Club Cab long bed, 2007 FWC Keystone

#13 Vic Harder

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric

• Site Team
  • 4,948 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 24 April 2019 - 07:37 PM

Quick question... there was mention sometime back of a maker/supplier of struts in BC, Canada.  Can someone refresh my memory on the details of that vendor?

#14 ckent323

ckent323

• Members
  • 1,226 posts
  • LocationSolvang, CA

Posted 24 April 2019 - 09:52 PM

Vic,

Try Gemini Gas Springs in BC

Address1-6276 Pleasant Valley Rd, Vernon, BC V1B 3R3, Canada

Phone+1 778-475-5611

https://www.geminigassprings.com/about

1993 Dodge Cummins W-250 Club Cab long bed, 2007 FWC Keystone

#15 Vic Harder

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric

• Site Team
  • 4,948 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 25 April 2019 - 12:17 AM

Thanks Craig!

#16 patrkbukly

patrkbukly

• Members
  • 224 posts
  • LocationFairplay, CO

Posted 27 April 2019 - 02:49 AM

40LB struts arrived.

Installed in 5 minutes.

Much much better.

Thank you to everyones expert guidance on this one. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users