• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Happyjax

Happyjax

• Members
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 23 April 2019 - 06:22 PM

They have a 100AH lithium Iron Phosphate (Lifep04) battery for $810. 

They also have some solar panels and chargers on sale.

I have a couple of their 50w flexible panels and I am pleased with the way they work. Jury is out on how they will do on the road but the build quality seems good:)

Sale til April 30th (I think)

Might be time to try out some new solar stuff!

https://www.renogy.c...s/solar-panels/

Edited by Happyjax, 23 April 2019 - 06:22 PM.

2018 Ford F-250. Customized Bundutec Sable :)

#2 larryqp

larryqp

• Members
  • 299 posts
  • LocationFull-time RVer, anywhere USA

Posted 24 April 2019 - 01:37 PM

Thanks for the heads up.

I had been thinking of upgrading my 75 watt panel to 100 watts, so I just pulled the trigger on the 100 watt mono panel for $100, 30% off, free shipping and no tax. I couldn't pass up the deal. My current 75 watt panel is at least 19 years old, so not only will I gain 25 watts, but I probably will gain some lost efficiency due to the age of my old 75 watt panel.

The new panel is also small thant the old panel, so I'll assume it's lighter as well.

I think I'll be a happy camper

2016 F150, FX4, XLT super cab

2019 FWC Hawk Shell

2009 Ford Ranger 4x4, XLT, Supercab total loss on 7/30/19

2014 FWC Shell total loss on 7/30/19

Towed behind our home which is a 2005 Kountry Star Diesel Pusher

#3 EM4

EM4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, originally Vancouver BC

Posted 01 May 2019 - 03:09 AM

They have a 100AH lithium Iron Phosphate (Lifep04) battery for $810. 

They also have some solar panels and chargers on sale.

I have a couple of their 50w flexible panels and I am pleased with the way they work. Jury is out on how they will do on the road but the build quality seems good:)

Sale til April 30th (I think)

Might be time to try out some new solar stuff!

https://www.renogy.c...s/solar-panels/

Hi there Happy..............I picked up a 100 amp flex, built a frame for it to lift it off the roof, and I must say its working great. No problems and keeps the 1 12 volt AGM fully charged for my needs.

#4 Happyjax

Happyjax

• Members
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 25 May 2019 - 06:00 PM

Soooo Renogy has a 20% off all stuff for Memorial Day Weekend. I had to do something so I got the 50AH LifeP04, a 10A PWM LI compatible charger to upgrade my very heavy 35AH AGM portable unit to a quite lithe 45 usable AH battery. Will go from a 27ish lb batt to a 15lb batt with more than twice the usable Amps!

This will run my astrophotgraphy setup and my truckfridge if I need for an evening. I bought 2 50watt flex panels a few months back and they work well. My only gripe with them is the positive cable is to short for me. I made an extension to keep stress off of it.... Not a problem with one panel but attaching a second was not easy because of it.

The 100AH is also on sale but without a camper I didn't decide to get it....yet :)

#5 OSUFlyer

OSUFlyer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationWahkiakum County, WA

Posted 26 May 2019 - 02:19 AM

Does anybody have any experience with the performance and quality of the Renogy solar controllers?

1997 OBS Ford 7.3 DSL 4x4
1985 Four Wheel Keystone

#6 Happyjax

Happyjax

• Members
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 26 May 2019 - 03:25 AM

I suspect most of the solar controllers are very similar and made in China. Hopefully Renogy will have better quality control that the other 2 cheapies I got from Amazon/Ebay.....

I opened them up to check them out and found very iffy solder joints and some transistor legs they never bothered to trim. They were both working but I fixed them up and expect them to last a lot longer.

I picked up the small 10A Renogy because it had a setting for Lifep04 and I felt I would get a better response if there were any issues and I was using their controller. This is a portable system so not going to be throwing hundreds of watts into it at once.

Should this work out I will consider the 100AH battery for my truck camper when I get it. I prefer to do my own electronics. That way I know what I have, how it is wired and how to fix it :) Will keep everyone apprised with how this Renogy system works out :)

#7 CougarCouple

CougarCouple

• Members
  • 1,376 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 01 June 2019 - 02:18 AM

Thanks for posting about the 20% off sale happyjax.
Picked up a 100 watt panel and the cables and mounting hardware today.

https://www.renogy.c...el-new-edition/

Russ
F250 extended cab, Cougar from ATC. You guys rock thank you!

#8 Happyjax

Happyjax

• Members
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 01 June 2019 - 11:39 PM

Cougar did you get the glass panel? let me know how you like it. My stuff came in today but I've been cutting wood and am too tired to do anything but look at it....lol

Will test voltages and charge tomorrow with that new LI compatible charger :)

#9 CougarCouple

CougarCouple

• Members
  • 1,376 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 02 June 2019 - 01:26 AM

I should receive the panel in the link. Got this from the description

" Guaranteed positive output tolerance (0-3%); withstands high winds (2400Pa) and snow loads (5400Pa)
Corrosion-resistant aluminum frame allows extended outdoor use; the panels can last for decades
Anti-reflective, high transparency, low iron-tempered glass with enhanced stiffness and impact resistance
IP65 rated junction box provides complete protection against environmental particles and low pressure water jets"

ATC installed the current system which I have no complaints about. Staying in one location for several days which shade and not a full day of sunlight is why I purchased another panel. When I spoke with the tech I outlined what we currently have and asked if this panel would work with our system. I'll post a photo when I get the stuff.

Russ
F250 extended cab, Cougar from ATC. You guys rock thank you!

#10 Cayuse

Cayuse

• Members
  • 771 posts
  • LocationMesa, AZ

Posted 04 June 2019 - 07:52 PM

Does anybody have any experience with the performance and quality of the Renogy solar controllers?

Had my Renogy controller for about 5 years now without issues.  Also installed another on a vintage trailer around 4 years ago and it's working fine.  Both are the 30A PWM controller with 2x100W Renogy panels feeding in. 

2002 Grandby, 2008 Tundra Double Cab
Off Road Utility Trailer
Not enough time to go exploring.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lithiulm, battery, solar, renogy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users