• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#11 driller

driller

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • LocationRiverton, Utah

Posted 13 June 2019 - 01:00 AM

I used to run air lift bags with cradles. Switched to the Hellwig bigwigs. Made a drastic difference in ride quality, instead of 60psi I now run 35psi and dont have to run the cradles. Now I know some people have had problems with bags but in 20 years of running bags i have never had a bag or an air line failure. Maybe i'm just running on borrowed time and it will get me good.

2015 Ram 2500 ccsb 4x4 6.4 Hemi

Northstar tc850s

2016 toyota 4r trail

#12 CougarCouple

CougarCouple

• Members
  • 1,376 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 14 June 2019 - 01:09 AM

ElSol,
Flatbed was buillt by Cascade Auto and Truck Body in Eugene, OR.
Protech aluminum, 7'wx9'l
Entire bed and boxes were bed-lined. 3 years of abuse and it still looks great. 
They let me design the box in the back the way i wanted. 
Hear you on coils, i think i would go the helwig sway bar route. Get tuned shocks, and most likely go with the upgraded springs. i upgraded my front coils as well as my rear leafs. Have always shied away from air bags, just thinking about murphy and that law of his.
Although the shop that built my rocksliders said they woud have gone with the long travel bags by helwig. Kind of a toss up i suppose.

Hi Wango
Who built your sliders, did they give a reason as to why go the air bag route vs the way you went.
Thanks Russ
F250 extended cab, Cougar from ATC. You guys rock thank you!

#13 Andy Douglass

Andy Douglass

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 01:57 AM

I put a Hellwig rear sway bar on my wife's 1500, and it does not look much different than the OEM rear sway bar on my 2500 (roughly the same thickness, slightly different geometry), so I would do a little research before swapping the sway bar because it might not make that much difference. If the OEM sway bar is the root of the problem, I don't know how much improvement the Hellwig one would be. It might be night/day, but I don't know. This is comparing the Hellwig 1500 sway bar to the factory sway bar on the 2500, so if Hellwig makes a beefier one for 2500s, it might make a difference.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users