• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 takesiteasy

takesiteasy

• Members
  • 2,588 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 14 June 2019 - 08:14 PM

Hi All. We will be visiting family in Denver next week. We want to take the scenic route back to Minnesota the week following (June 24-30). We would like to see Rocky Mountain National Park and some mountain scenery.

All the campgrounds in RMNP are booked already. I would like some suggestions for dispersed camping near the park on the way from Denver. Any suggestions for hikes/ things to see along the way would be appreciated as well.

Thanks!

2011 Tacoma AC TRD
ATC Custom Shell

travelswithrockythedog.blogspot.com

#2 AlbertaMTB

AlbertaMTB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 12:53 AM

Campendium is a good resource for the dispersed camping part of the question.  Shows camping, can be filtered (e.g. to show only BLM sites) and (usually) has reviews.  Has a web site as well as iPhone and Android apps. 

We've used it in the past with good luck (a bit sparse in the less popular areas) - anyone know of other, similar apps?

Doug

#3 takesiteasy

takesiteasy

• Members
  • 2,588 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 15 June 2019 - 02:08 AM

Campendium is a good resource for the dispersed camping part of the question.  Shows camping, can be filtered (e.g. to show only BLM sites) and (usually) has reviews.  Has a web site as well as iPhone and Android apps. 

We've used it in the past with good luck (a bit sparse in the less popular areas) - anyone know of other, similar apps?

Doug

Thanks Doug. I haven't used that one. We have used AllStays with some success. I'll check it out.

I'm hoping to get some first hand suggestions for camping and sights to see from the well-traveled folks here also.

2011 Tacoma AC TRD
ATC Custom Shell

travelswithrockythedog.blogspot.com

#4 CaCanyon

CaCanyon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco Bay Area

Posted 15 June 2019 - 05:17 AM

Sounds like a great plan.  We've used ioverlander with a good deal of success.   Appears to have reasonable coverage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users