New Keystone!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 m.r.h.

m.r.h.

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 12:36 AM

Well after a long search, a couple of weeks of some emails back and forth, and an adventure through Portland's traffic, I pulled into the driveway with this 86 Keystone from OSUFlyer. 

751E2B45 5443 42F6 93C5 73D26967E36B

I have some plans to upgrade the interior a bit over the coming months but first I am just going to use it as is before I start taking things out. 

I will get some proper tie downs, but it is already off the truck as I don't want to drive around with on for now. The first project is figuring out what battery I am going to put in it (so many different types, sizes, and price points). My electrical uses will be pretty minimal, charging phone, camera batteries, maybe a computer, some lights, and running the maxxair fan. My plan is to add some solar down as well, probably something semi portable because it will be parked in the shade, but close to sun. So any suggestions are appreciated.

IMG 6441

If I find time this summer I will likely take out the entire kitchenette and rebuild something a little bit lighter with more storage. As much fun as an oven would be to have I don't see myself baking too much. I have some ideas for a couple cabinets and a counter top, sans sink, with an area for a Partner 4-burner stove that can be moved to cook outside, or bring on river trips. Probably going to just use a cooler in place of a fridge. Don't want to buy more gear when I have lots that can be used in the camper as well as on rafting trips. Will add a heat source as well, maybe a small diesel heater?

Struggling to add photos but once I figure it out I will get something up. 

Edited by m.r.h., 15 June 2019 - 02:58 PM.

#2 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,535 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 15 June 2019 - 01:17 AM

Congrats on the new camper! These might help on the photos.

http://www.wanderthe...ts-and-gallery/

http://www.wanderthe...nt-explanation/

I am haunted by waters

#3 m.r.h.

m.r.h.

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 01:26 AM

Congrats on the new camper! These might help on the photos.

http://www.wanderthe...ts-and-gallery/

http://www.wanderthe...nt-explanation/

Thanks I was looking for these posts. However I don't really see an "upload" button in the gallery area. Do I have to have a certain status to create galleries ?

#4 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,535 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 15 June 2019 - 01:34 AM

It’s the black upload button, but you can also go direct to the comment box. The comment has something that reads like More Reply Options. Select it, and then choose the photo, attach the file and add to post

D460C640-4054-45FE-A74C-A0F037C7D5ED.jpeg

I am haunted by waters

#5 m.r.h.

m.r.h.

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 02:58 PM

It’s the black upload button, but you can also go direct to the comment box. The comment has something that reads like More Reply Options. Select it, and then choose the photo, attach the file and add to post

attachicon.gifD460C640-4054-45FE-A74C-A0F037C7D5ED.jpeg

Good thing I used my eyes and finally noticed the large "gallery" button next to the "forum" button, call that man looking around here. I had been going through the gallery in my profile and didn't see an upload button. Thanks for the help

#6 Mighty Dodge Ram

Mighty Dodge Ram

• Members
  • 1,003 posts
  • LocationClose to the edge...

Posted 15 June 2019 - 03:01 PM

Congrats on what looks to be a great camper.
Richard
1996 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4, lightly lifted, ARB bumper/Warn winch, BFG AT/KO2, Snugtop shell. SOLD! But not forgotten!
2002 Chevy 2500HD XC LB 6.0L 4X4, Leer Hi-Rise shell, completely stock...for now!

#7 m.r.h.

m.r.h.

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 03:13 PM

I found two brand new Renogy AMG12 100 on Craigslist for $300. Seems like a good deal. Anyone else have experience with these? Should I avoid? 

#8 larryqp

larryqp

• Members
  • 299 posts
  • LocationFull-time RVer, anywhere USA

Posted 16 June 2019 - 03:20 PM

Renogy is having a Father's Day sale, check it out. I have a Renogy 100w panel I got direct from them on sale a couple of months ago for $99.99 seems great, no issues. Sorry, I don't remember the model

2016 F150, FX4, XLT super cab

2019 FWC Hawk Shell

2009 Ford Ranger 4x4, XLT, Supercab total loss on 7/30/19

2014 FWC Shell total loss on 7/30/19

Towed behind our home which is a 2005 Kountry Star Diesel Pusher

#9 So Cal Adventurer

So Cal Adventurer

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 16 June 2019 - 06:06 PM

Congrats!  Looks great!

What i suggest (and it seems like youre doing it) is to use it as is for a bit and THEN design the mods and replacements. 

Whats in your head now may not be the best solution after you spend some time in it and realize this would be better over here, that would be better here, etc...

Enjoy

Follow My Shenanigans: instagram.com/campermccampface

#10 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,255 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 20 June 2019 - 10:20 PM

Congrats on your new camper.

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users