Small Camping Tables

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#11 Andy Douglass

Andy Douglass

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 01:19 AM

Looks like a nice table but expensive. We use these. https://www.amazon.c...e/dp/B00JGJGQ5O was $25 on sale

Paul

My parents just gave us one of those, not sure if it is the small or large, but I love it. It is small enough to just toss into the camper just about anywhere. We already have a similar table which is larger; it has the separate "roll" of aluminum slats on bungies that you clip onto the base after you unfold it. That big one is nice because we can put our Everest stove on it and have room for plenty of other things, but the new little table is great when we just want a quick table. I like to leave it near the rear door when we are camping.

#12 PaulT

PaulT

Need gumbo

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationHillsboro, Oregon

Posted 24 June 2019 - 03:05 AM

We carry three small tables. A large one from REI with the shock corded slats that we use for cooking and eating, the medium sized table  that I linked and its little brother.  The two smaller ones are used as side tables next to our folding chairs.  They are all very light and store most anywhere in the truck or camper.  There is nothing wrong with the one you have.  As a famous TV marketing guy in the Portland area used to say, "Free is a very good price!"  :)

Paul

I thought getting old would take longer.

#13 ETAV8R

ETAV8R

• Members
  • 906 posts
  • LocationRepublik of Kalifornia

Posted 24 June 2019 - 04:59 PM

I've  been using this table for probably ten years. Has a small storage pocket on the side which I put utensils/napkins in. Two levels and the lower one has cup holders. The lower level can support your feet if you want to nap in your camp chair. If you want to keep items out of the sun the lower level serves that purpose as well. I do wish I had the checkered top version. Reviewing the amazon pics the checkered version doesn't show the large pocket.

https://www.amazon.c...way&sr=8-4&th=1

91kz%2BjsKm-L._SL1500_.jpg

From a recent trip to Death Valley and the Inyos

20190608_112944-jpg.3371286

This is a good pic to compare the height of the plastic food prep table I use and the Alps.

20190603_083348-jpg.3358192

Founder of D.E.R.P. Desert Exploration & Research Project. A camp proper is a nomads biding place. He may occupy it for a season or only for a single night, according as the site and its surroundings please or do not please the wanderers whim- Horace Kephart.

2009 4x4 Tacoma Access Cab-The Gini

2013 Silver Spur Finch Shell- The Oxcart/Gini's Burden-

http://www.wanderthe...ory/#entry83606

#14 Cayuse

Cayuse

• Members
  • 771 posts
  • LocationMesa, AZ

Posted 10 July 2019 - 03:02 PM

I have one of the Camco folding tables, one Crazy Creek and a couple Camptime Rolla-A-Tables with connectors to make them into a single table.  The Crazy Creek hasn't held up as well as I'd have liked and I've had to realign the slats and plastic end pieces a couple times.  Usually the Camco and a single Roll-A-Table go with us on trips.

2002 Grandby, 2008 Tundra Double Cab
Off Road Utility Trailer
Not enough time to go exploring.

#15 rando

rando

• Members
  • 1,638 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 10 July 2019 - 04:28 PM

We use a snow peak low table as our 'coffee table' for the camping chairs:

https://snowpeak.com...mboo-camp-table

It is a little expensive, but like all things snow peak it is beautifully designed and made, yet reasonably lightweight.  It goes perfectly with their folding beach chair, which has to be one of the most comfortable camping chairs ever:

https://snowpeak.com...low-beach-chair

2016 Fleet Flatbed

2016 Toyota Tacoma

#16 Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

• Members
  • 2,762 posts
  • LocationNE Calif/NW Nev

Posted 28 July 2019 - 01:49 PM

I bought one of those cheap white plastic end tables from Ace years ago. Doesn't weigh much, fits on top of the end cabinet. in my Granby and does the job-this is my second one, the first one was lost to a sudden wind on the coast and sailed off to parts unknown.

Smoke

Smokecreek1:99F1504x4with05Granby

#17 WjColdWater

WjColdWater

• Members
  • 401 posts
  • LocationIL

Posted 18 August 2019 - 12:33 AM

Purchased this table and two camp chairs from Kermit Co. Check them out for a quality product. Small company made in USA! Table and chairs come with quality storage bags and are very compact.
6-C7-A717-B-F885-4016-A0-AB-EBCAC0-A3-F4[ur]

#18 theone

theone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 October 2019 - 07:45 AM

Table is not really my top priority in camping gears, chair is. I use my mini coleman as our table and put all the food there. But in case you don't bring coleman then maybe you really need to have this table. 

#19 Mighty Dodge Ram

Mighty Dodge Ram

• Members
  • 1,003 posts
  • LocationClose to the edge...

Posted 01 October 2019 - 03:38 PM

I’ve stopped packing tables and now use the Tail Gator Tire Table. One end fits over your tire and it then extends out. Comes with a drop down leg for extra security, measures about 2’ x 2’, always level. When packed up it takes no more room than a folding table. I liked my first one so much I bought another last weekend at the Offroad Expo.

Richard
1996 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4, lightly lifted, ARB bumper/Warn winch, BFG AT/KO2, Snugtop shell. SOLD! But not forgotten!
2002 Chevy 2500HD XC LB 6.0L 4X4, Leer Hi-Rise shell, completely stock...for now!

#20 Gregfosterid

Gregfosterid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 04 December 2019 - 11:56 AM

I have the folding coleman tables that are versatile in height and configuration. These are basically two narrow tables that clamp together into a flat suitcase and fit under the dinette seat.
I also have a coleman folding suitcase grill table.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users