Photo
- - - - -

Jeep is gone... Duramax GMC Canyon took her place.

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#11 Bill D

Bill D

• Members
  • 981 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posted 28 June 2019 - 01:00 AM

This link will show you the difference between a shell and a model with a kitchen.

#12 Miles

Miles

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 June 2019 - 03:15 PM

The frame on Canyons/Colorados are not necessarily as strong as they could be.  It looks - to me - like they were designed more to be cars than real working trucks.

https://americanadve...32/#post-127646

Having lived in Australia for nearly a year... When I see the quote: “For the most part, all the vehicles were grossly overloaded.”

And then: "any dirt road that has a dip or gully can result in a bent chassis,"

I just think back to the bogans and their petrol-head culture...  They were probably FLYING on a dirt road with a VB in one hand, overloaded with slide-in with overpriced beer and hit a pot hole the size of Canberra at full speed... While towing.

Physics work down under just the same as up here.

I've got plenty of payload capacity for wifey and I, our rig and the gear we need... But a good reminder that there are physical limits.

#13 Miles

Miles

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 June 2019 - 03:19 PM

This link will show you the difference between a shell and a model with a kitchen.

I guess this is the cabinet-maker's special approach...  Build it as you want it. 

I'm not all that handy with woodworking.

Spoke with Marty at ATC and he mentioned the 'shell with furnace and stove' option... But we'd still need sitting area, counterspace, storage space...

I could probably have a local cabinet maker build it out custom for me, but I think ATC could build it out custom, too... And I feel like ATC would build a superior product for weight/durability's sake.

#14 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,568 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 29 June 2019 - 06:59 PM

Absolutely yes on ATCs custom build quality.. Just be careful with aisle space, you can make it real tight inside if you overdo seating and counter space.

I am haunted by waters

#15 longhorn1

longhorn1

Ouch, that stings!

• Members
  • 2,826 posts
  • LocationCarmel, Indiana

Posted 29 June 2019 - 07:10 PM

Can't go wrong with FWC or ATC.

http://texaslonghorns01.blogspot.com/

Ford F-250 Long bed, 2014 Grandby

#16 Stitch

Stitch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationPeyton, Colorado

Posted 29 June 2019 - 08:28 PM

I just think back to the bogans and their petrol-head culture...  They were probably FLYING on a dirt road with a VB in one hand, overloaded with slide-in with overpriced beer and hit a pot hole the size of Canberra at full speed... While towing.

LOL... you don’t see “bogans” referred to much on WTW, but it’s a perfect descriptor.
2004 Hallmark Guanella on a 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users