Anyways, wanted to start this thread to post up the rebuild and get some advice. When we got it home and started cleaning it out, I found a good bit of water damage in the front 12inches of the cab over, so project #1 will be replacing the wood up there and re-sealing it.
- redo the counters and cabinets,
- replace ice box with fridge,
- remove gas stove top (we plan on cooking outside most of the time on a Coleman stove, and can set it on the counter if the weather is nasty)
- solar setup
- install fantastic fan where vent is
- replace lights with LED bulbs
- add fourth jack for stability (has the original 3 jack setup that is scary wobbly getting into my tall truck!)
I've made pretty good progress so far replacing the cabover wood. Used 15/32 in ply sheathing coated in Kilz wood sealer primer. The interior is completely gutted at this point. I've got a fourth jack in the mail, 100W Renology solar system, Fantastic Fan, and Engle 63quart 12V DC fridge on the way.
Edited by kmehr, 06 July 2019 - 03:13 PM.