Truck build 92 W250

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#41 Dirt Rider

Dirt Rider

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 05 September 2019 - 03:53 PM

I am surprised and glad to hear it made so little difference on MPG. Wonder how much those deflectors off the top of the cab would change MPG?

#42 ckent323

ckent323

• Members
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationSolvang, CA

Posted 06 September 2019 - 06:15 PM

I considered making a wind deflector to fit between the top of my truck cab and the overcab portion of the camper but I suspect it won't make much difference except to minimize bug splatter on the front of my camper.

Note: I remove the camper lift jacks after putting the camper on the truck and I do not have extended jack brackets on the camper. I suspect those things would add drag and lower mpg.

1993 Dodge Cummins W-250 Club Cab long bed, 2007 FWC Keystone

#43 Dirt Rider

Dirt Rider

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 04:23 PM

Turns out my 3 way fridge is dead, looking into a 2 way replacement, any suggestions? Also was thing of a slide out top load conversion. But would like to know what fits the opening where the old fridge went on my 2004 grandby.

#44 Vic Harder

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric

• Site Team
  • 4,898 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 09 September 2019 - 06:58 PM

I like the truckfridge brand, but any of the Indel compressor types are good... very power efficient.

#45 ntsqd

ntsqd

Custom User Title

• Members
  • 2,879 posts
  • LocationNorth So.CA

Posted 10 September 2019 - 12:20 AM

I've ended up replacing the fridges in both of our campers. Ironically with the same model fridge. What I did was measure the opening height & width, and the depth, and then look at the various mfg's pages for the best fit model.

As it happened there was dead air spaces on each side, top, and bottom (due to how that model fridge is configured) where I was able to fit foam insulation using the mylar ducting tape to hold and seal it into place. I also used the tape to add a 1" thick layer of insulation to the rear of the fridge where it was easy to fit. Where the compressor & condenser are I just left alone.

Thom

Where does that road go?

#46 Dirt Rider

Dirt Rider

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 03:10 PM

Did anybody do anything with the louvered outside access door? Seems it would help with air circulation for the 2 way, but would also let in a lot of dust and cold air.

#47 ntsqd

ntsqd

Custom User Title

• Members
  • 2,879 posts
  • LocationNorth So.CA

Posted 11 September 2019 - 02:12 AM

My step-father made a surround from simple baseboard molding that covered up the same mylar tape that I used to seal the fridge to the cabinet at the opening. Twice now he's done that for us.

Thom

Where does that road go?

#48 Dirt Rider

Dirt Rider

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 08 October 2019 - 01:16 AM

Added some of Jungles front hangers, moved spring forward and now I hope it won't hit rear fender. Much stronger than stock.20191007_180419.jpeg

#49 ntsqd

ntsqd

Custom User Title

• Members
  • 2,879 posts
  • LocationNorth So.CA

Posted 08 October 2019 - 01:19 AM

Looks like you could go to a longer spring too. That would improve ride quality.

Thom

Where does that road go?

#50 Dirt Rider

Dirt Rider

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 11 October 2019 - 07:18 PM

Springs are Skyjacker 6 inch lift, but were hitting the frame so I had to move them forward and add longer hangers. Unfortunately

now my drive shaft is to short...It never ends! It does ride better now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users