11 replies to this topic

#11 Vic Harder

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric

• Site Team
  • 4,948 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 23 July 2019 - 06:41 PM

Just wondering how folks on this thread that have been to Alaska manage potential serial killers  :wacko:

The photo of those kids now burnt out truck camper really struck a nerve.

Sure hoping that the RCMP get their man (or woman) before we head out on Monday. I sure as hell don't want to spend the entire trip in campgrounds as our ability to get off the pavement and boondock is the entire reason we have our FWC. I've spent many hours on Google Earth locating such places but now have quite a bit of trepidation about putting our cat in that situation on top of his issues with bears.

I generally don't let media hype get to me but Alaska, Yukon and BC will still be there next year... 

I suspect most places in BC/Yukon/Alaska will be way safer than New York City most days of the year.  It IS creepy and weird though.  I'd pack bear spray in these places... maybe just keep it a tad closer and prepare to use it on 2 legged folks, not just bears?

#12 smlobx

smlobx

Lost again

• Members
  • 1,529 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 24 July 2019 - 09:02 PM

I don’t want to derail this thread but personal responsibility and the ability to protect yourself in any situation has been severely lacking in our society for a while.

I for one, will not be a sheep.

PS these comments are not meant against anyone on this fine forum. Most here understand the realities of life. My heart goes out to the family of these two people who by all information known so far were just enjoying all the beauty that BC has to offer.

Edited by smlobx, 24 July 2019 - 09:31 PM.

Eddie
KO4CPL

Travel light. Travel far. Travel safe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users