12 replies to this topic

#11 CougarCouple

CougarCouple

• Members
  • 1,376 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 30 July 2019 - 02:34 PM

Morning Ghettofab75
If I were to make changes would only have two windows in the fabric section, probably in the center. Would change the front slider to small fixed. Don’t have front seat dining. Would definitely have side louvered window with emergency exit. Times 2 on the powered roof vents. Don’t forget to document your build. :)

Russ
F250 extended cab, Cougar from ATC. You guys rock thank you!

#12 Stokeme

Stokeme

• Members
  • 373 posts
  • LocationNorCal

Posted 30 July 2019 - 03:14 PM

Consider no-see-um screen netting for the soft windows if travel takes you where they can be prevalent. I wish FWC had done so.

#13 DesertDave

DesertDave

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • LocationDayton NV

Posted 30 July 2019 - 03:35 PM

Thoughts on side windows.  On my first camper I used a standard-cab truck and had the side couch.  I needed to look through that window when driving, for example when I needed to check for traffic on my right  when the intersection was over 90 degrees.  In that instance that side window was critical.

On my current truck/camper I have an extra cab and front dinette.  I can see fine out the side windows of the truck and never look out the camper side windows.  They are blocked by the cushions anyway, and until such time as I need to set up a low bed, they remain blocked and unused.

Thoughts on front window.  I sometimes use a velcroed-in screen on the front slider for extra ventilation - especially nice when it is raining.  I always use it to look behind me through the rear door to judge how close tailgaters are - those depth-perception challenged folks who are too close to see in the side mirrors. 

2014 Grandby FD on a 2007 F350

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users