• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 57Pan

57Pan

• Members
  • 118 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 11 August 2019 - 02:28 PM

Took off from southwest Washington heading to Cody Wy. Drove the Columbia river gorge, Oregon side to LoLo pass area in Idaho the first day. Camped along the river, at a river access spot. The next morning ended up in Clyde Park Montana. Have family there. Be here a few days before heading on.
My set up is a 05 Tacoma with ARB suspension KO2 tires and Firestone airbags 4wd v6 auto, 2011 ATC Bobcat full camper.
Everything is working as it should. I've been driving mostly in the 60 to 65 mph range, except twisty mt.roads more in the 50 mph range. Averaging 14-17 mpg. I think that is ok considering my normal average everyday driving with no camper is only about 16 mpg.This same trip with no camper years ago I know I saw in the low 20 mpg.
No regrets, this camper is going to be awesome.

#2 CougarCouple

CougarCouple

• Members
  • 1,376 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 11 August 2019 - 02:53 PM

Sounds like fun 57pan, and a nice time of year. Pop up's are a blast I think they get better with age.
Russ
F250 extended cab, Cougar from ATC. You guys rock thank you!

#3 Cayuse

Cayuse

• Members
  • 771 posts
  • LocationMesa, AZ

Posted 12 August 2019 - 02:25 PM

Sounds like a nice trip!  Lolo is beautiful!

2002 Grandby, 2008 Tundra Double Cab
Off Road Utility Trailer
Not enough time to go exploring.

#4 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,295 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 12 August 2019 - 09:06 PM

First welcome to the "cult". Nice trip area.We made that LoLo pass trip

about 10 years ago and camped a couple nights at the river sites.

Great area.

How about some pictures?

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#5 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,338 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 13 August 2019 - 11:45 PM

Best of luck with your new camper and adventures! Yes, we really really like pictures!

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#6 GroovyDad

GroovyDad

• Members
  • 765 posts
  • LocationReno, NV

Posted 14 August 2019 - 08:41 PM

Post some pics!

"I only went out for a walk, and finally concluded to stay out till sundown, for going out, I found, was really going in." —John Muir. http://aimlessroamer.blogspot.com/

#7 57Pan

57Pan

• Members
  • 118 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 18 August 2019 - 08:48 PM

Finished up the trip. Clyde Park Montana to Cody Wyoming for 3 days. Rodeo and visiting family, KOA in Cody was nice. Then thru Yellowstone, saw bear, buffalo, and deer all while driving from east to west. Spent the night at Crater of the Moon camp ground in Idaho then onto Boise Idaho to visit an old friend. Then back home thru the Columbia river gorge agin on the Oregon side. 2000 mile trip with only 1 minor hiccup. Left refridge on 12 Vdc while parked to long at friends house in Boise and drained the house battery, which is old and not so good anyway. Going to love this camper. Can’t wait to retire soon, so I won’t be on a time schedule to rush trips like this. Sorry for lack of pictures, didn’t take many and what I did needs editing because they are to big to post.

#8 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,295 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 18 August 2019 - 09:46 PM

Sounds like a nice trip.You went through a lot of our favorite places.

Did the fridge thing myself once.At Yellowstone parked for about 3 hours

but the battery survived although it was only about a year old at the time.

It's easy to forget that 12v fridge sometimes.Don't use the 12v setting anymore.

I use the propane and also have a 12v Truckfridge which runs all the time and uses very little battery.

Thanks for the report.

Next time some pictures.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users