• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 takesiteasy

takesiteasy

• Members
  • 2,588 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 21 August 2019 - 05:55 PM

We did a short trip north to visit the Superior National Forest. A trip report is posted to the blog:

http://travelswithro...nal-forest.html

IMG_6635.jpg

Edited by takesiteasy, 21 August 2019 - 05:56 PM.

2011 Tacoma AC TRD
ATC Custom Shell

travelswithrockythedog.blogspot.com

#2 PokyBro

PokyBro

• Members
  • 467 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, Nevada

Posted 21 August 2019 - 11:54 PM

Loved your trip report and really enjoyed the photos and the tales! Thanks for sharing, sounds like a very nice time. Your canoe looks extremely light weight, how much is it? Also the kayak?

Poky

1999 F250 crew cab SRW, 7.3 Powerstroke TD

1981 Grandby shortened to a Hawk

Build thread / https://www.wanderth...by-into-a-hawk/

#3 RicoV

RicoV

• Members
  • 288 posts
  • LocationVail, AZ

Posted 22 August 2019 - 12:08 AM

A real nice report, makes me want to get on up there at some point.  Thanks for sharing your trip with us.

Rico.

RicoV
2011 FWC Grandby Shell on a 2011 Nissan Titan King Cab SV 4WD

#4 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,535 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 22 August 2019 - 01:56 AM

Great report! Beautiful country! Thanks for sharing.

I see we use the same pack saw. I have a Wee Rob 12 in lapstrake that I built years ago. Hopefully, one of the grandkids will want it.

I am haunted by waters

#5 takesiteasy

takesiteasy

• Members
  • 2,588 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 22 August 2019 - 02:01 AM

Loved your trip report and really enjoyed the photos and the tales! Thanks for sharing, sounds like a very nice time. Your canoe looks extremely light weight, how much is it? Also the kayak?

Poky

Wee Lassie is about 22 pounds. The Rob Roy is about 25 pounds. They are awesome boats. Thanks for your comments!

A real nice report, makes me want to get on up there at some point.  Thanks for sharing your trip with us.

Rico.

Thanks. Yes it's a great part of the world.

Great report! Beautiful country! Thanks for sharing.

I see we use the same pack saw. I have a Wee Rob 12 in lapstrake that I built years ago. Hopefully, one of the grandkids will want it.

Thanks Sage. Yeah, great saw. I think I've seen pics of your boat on here- very nice. The grand kids will love it.

2011 Tacoma AC TRD
ATC Custom Shell

#6 Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

• Members
  • 2,758 posts
  • LocationNE Calif/NW Nev

Posted 22 August 2019 - 05:26 PM

Always nice to see another part of this beautiful country of ours-thanks for taking us along!

Smoke

Smokecreek1:99F1504x4with05Granby

#7 longhorn1

longhorn1

Ouch, that stings!

• Members
  • 2,826 posts
  • LocationCarmel, Indiana

Posted 23 August 2019 - 01:13 AM

Awesome trip and report. Someday we plan a trip around Lake Superior. Great photos. Felt like I was riding along. There is a spray you can use to keep the mice away from your engine. They love the wires. It's called Rodent Defense. I know people that had several thousand dollars in damage to wiring, seats and firewall.

http://texaslonghorns01.blogspot.com/

Ford F-250 Long bed, 2014 Grandby

#8 TrapperMike

TrapperMike

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationNW Wisconsin

Posted 23 August 2019 - 01:37 AM

Thanks for the nice trip report.  I need to get up that way either this fall or next and try some grouse hunting.  It would a very doable 3 day scouting mission for us. 

2016 FWC Hawk Shell

2011 Chev Silverado 1500 4x4 ext cab

2018 Chev Silverado 2500 4x4 ext cab 

Super Springs

Helwig Sway Bar

#9 takesiteasy

takesiteasy

• Members
  • 2,588 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 23 August 2019 - 02:39 AM

Always nice to see another part of this beautiful country of ours-thanks for taking us along!

Smoke

Smoke, you are welcome. Thanks for your comment!

Awesome trip and report. Someday we plan a trip around Lake Superior. Great photos. Felt like I was riding along. There is a spray you can use to keep the mice away from your engine. They love the wires. It's called Rodent Defense. I know people that had several thousand dollars in damage to wiring, seats and firewall.

Thanks for the tip- I'm going to try that stuff out. We had a bad experience with pack rats in California 5 years ago- $1500 repair to wiring and firewall. This is the first time I've had mice issues. Luckly, little damage this time. Thanks for your comments. You will enjoy Lake Superior. We did the circle route a few years ago- there is a trip report on the blog if you haven't seen it already.

Thanks for the nice trip report.  I need to get up that way either this fall or next and try some grouse hunting.  It would a very doable 3 day scouting mission for us. 

You're welcome. Lots of grouse hunting up there- a hop, skip and a jump for you from Wisconsin. Thanks for your comment!

Edited by takesiteasy, 23 August 2019 - 02:42 AM.

2011 Tacoma AC TRD
ATC Custom Shell

#10 longhorn1

longhorn1

Ouch, that stings!

• Members
  • 2,826 posts
  • LocationCarmel, Indiana

Posted 23 August 2019 - 03:10 PM

Also forgot to mention we have a coiled rubber snake to place under the engine[emoji16]

http://texaslonghorns01.blogspot.com/

Ford F-250 Long bed, 2014 Grandby

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users