• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#11 buckland

buckland

• Members
  • 3,078 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 23 August 2019 - 10:09 PM

Wonderful blog read! It is a place we intend to go. A friend of mine makes skin on frame though I have stayed with strip. Incredibly light and nimble...and I have learned to keep hold of them while putting them on a roof as the wind can make them sail away. We also have a screen tent though ours is a heavy one... what's the weight of yours and ease of set up? There is something about the Northern woods, lakes and streams. A hard place to go with the bugs and mud but worth it in the end. Great trip!

2016 Duramax 2.8 Diesel long bed Colorado 4WD with 2011 Eagle

Lordwoodcraft  instagram        Rob
The only people who ever get anyplace interesting are the people who get lost.
Henry David Thoreau
"Work to achieve not to acquire"

#12 smlobx

smlobx

Lost again

• Members
  • 1,529 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 23 August 2019 - 11:04 PM

Very nice report.
The pace seemed just right!
We have a clam and love it but are having some challenges on how to best carry it.
Do you carry it in your trailer?

Thanks.

Eddie
KO4CPL

Travel light. Travel far. Travel safe.

#13 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,321 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 23 August 2019 - 11:25 PM

You are really bringing back memories of my time - formative years I could say - in my home state of Wisconsin and the north woods. Thank you for a nice glimpse, and such a relaxing trip, in your Minnesota! Well done!

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#14 takesiteasy

takesiteasy

• Members
  • 2,588 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 24 August 2019 - 03:17 AM

Wonderful blog read! It is a place we intend to go. A friend of mine makes skin on frame though I have stayed with strip. Incredibly light and nimble...and I have learned to keep hold of them while putting them on a roof as the wind can make them sail away. We also have a screen tent though ours is a heavy one... what's the weight of yours and ease of set up? There is something about the Northern woods, lakes and streams. A hard place to go with the bugs and mud but worth it in the end. Great trip!

Buckland, yes, we love the lightweight boats. Not sure what the Clam weighs, maybe 30 pounds? The real advantage is how easy it goes up and comes down- literally less than a minute each way. Thanks for your comments!

Very nice report.
The pace seemed just right!
We have a clam and love it but are having some challenges on how to best carry it.
Do you carry it in your trailer?

Thanks.

Smlobx, Thanks for your comments! Yes, the Clam is a big package. It does ride in the trailer- just fits lengthwise. It would be tough to carry in the camper. I have thought I could strap it on the roof but I haven't done that yet. We do love it for buggy times.

You are really bringing back memories of my time - formative years I could say - in my home state of Wisconsin and the north woods. Thank you for a nice glimpse, and such a relaxing trip, in your Minnesota! Well done!

Ski, glad to bring back some memories and thanks for your comments! The country here couldn't be much more different from where you are usually hanging out- it's kind of the anti-desert. You and the Lady will have to make a journey out here sometime.

2011 Tacoma AC TRD
ATC Custom Shell

travelswithrockythedog.blogspot.com

#15 WjColdWater

WjColdWater

• Members
  • 401 posts
  • LocationIL

Posted 27 August 2019 - 11:44 PM

Wow! Thanks so much for sharing your experiences in MN. Your details are amazing and comprehensive. MN is a annual fishing destination for myself, my wife and Paige (our golden retriever). Love the clam bug enclosure! MN. mosquitoes are voracious in the shade. The canoe and kayak construction is impressive as well. We are taking delivery of a new Grandby this week. It will be our base camp for MN fishing adventures. Great read!
Wayne

#16 takesiteasy

takesiteasy

• Members
  • 2,588 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 30 August 2019 - 12:20 AM

Wow! Thanks so much for sharing your experiences in MN. Your details are amazing and comprehensive. MN is a annual fishing destination for myself, my wife and Paige (our golden retriever). Love the clam bug enclosure! MN. mosquitoes are voracious in the shade. The canoe and kayak construction is impressive as well. We are taking delivery of a new Grandby this week. It will be our base camp for MN fishing adventures. Great read!
Wayne

Congrats on your new camper! Thanks for your nice comments on the blog.

2011 Tacoma AC TRD
ATC Custom Shell

#17 WjColdWater

WjColdWater

• Members
  • 401 posts
  • LocationIL

Posted 30 August 2019 - 02:18 AM

Congrats on your new camper! Thanks for your nice comments on the blog.

Keep the good reads coming!

#18 theone

theone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 October 2019 - 08:12 AM

I like the way that you really add tons of photos because sometimes some travel bloggers would just explain their experience and sometime sit is hard to imagine what the writer is telling. Hoping to see more photos in your next review! 

#19 takesiteasy

takesiteasy

• Members
  • 2,588 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 02 October 2019 - 03:10 AM

I like the way that you really add tons of photos because sometimes some travel bloggers would just explain their experience and sometime sit is hard to imagine what the writer is telling. Hoping to see more photos in your next review! 

Thanks for your nice comment. I like seeing photos too!

2011 Tacoma AC TRD
ATC Custom Shell

#20 WjColdWater

WjColdWater

• Members
  • 401 posts
  • LocationIL

Posted 02 October 2019 - 04:30 PM

Wondering what materials are used in your kayak and canoe? The covering and wood frame?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users